1. Maxbeta

Maxbeta GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is it possible to switch the top and bottom screens and have them fit the screen from top to bottom without ugly stretching out to the sides and keeping their nice clean aspect ratio?

I have a few games that can benefit from this and its not in Nintendo’s default configuration, like for example the Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow hack that gets rid of the magic seals and touch screen stuff and Resident Evil Deadly Silence.

I just want to be able to have a full gameplay screen on the tv and a map/status screen on the gamepad but it seems they did not make it this way for many games.

Any help is appreciated.

2. MRJPGames

OP MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Netherlands
    Yes you can. Just modify the settings file to have it setup this way. Both TV and Gamepad layouts are separate and don't require both screen on it.

Maxbeta likes this.
  3. ivan13x

ivan13x Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Does anyone knows how to add extra layouts? There is 10 layouts as standard and i'm trying to create an 11th one modifying the "configuration_cafe.json" and "strings.json", but the menu crashes when I click on the configuration button. Do I need to modify any other file?

Also, there is any way to assign the ZL button to swap between 2 of the layouts without needing to enter the config?

Thank you!

4. wiiztec

wiiztec GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What about if you just want to get rid of the windowboxing? has anyone found what file to modify to change just the simple resolution and position of the screen on N64 games?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], layouts, Custom