Tutorial Competition Now Closed

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Thank you all for participating in this Tutorial Competition where 25 prizes were at stake. We've received a total of nearly 80 tutorials. Even though the competition is over feel free to post more tutorials to contribute to helping out the community! Entries can be read in the "Tutorials & FAQs" section for each system. We will soon be taking measures to improve visibility of tutorials submitted by our members.

tempscripts.png

Staff will begin voting today, and we will be announcing the winners on June 1st.
Congratulations and thanks to everyone who entered!

Z

Zorua

I'll probably be giving away whatever I win(since I'm probably not going to win the DSTWO and I already have an acekard) here so stay tuned!
yay.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Vigilante said:
Wait?
The tutorial section is not yet closed so can people who made a tutorial like me still edit our tutorials?

you can make minor modifications (improve design, layout, correct typos ...)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
You ended the competition a little early. The first post says 23:59:59 on May 22nd is the end time.
Regardless, my tutorial was already there. I just had to fix all of the formatting.

Edit: Oh, yeah, GMT. I run on PST. Always gets me.

Edit 2: Actually, a question. My tutorial was all text, as I hadn't really had the time to fix all the BBCode after the anchor code incident. My modifications were more than a little minor, having to add all of the code back in. Or does that still count as minor? My tutorial is at final submission status at this point. Just wanna make sure I didn't screw up.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Zorua said:
I'll probably be giving away whatever I win(since I'm probably not going to win the DSTWO and I already have an acekard) here so stay tuned!
yay.gif
Only 80 entries - we've all got a chance then.....

Funny enough I was thinking the same thing - I only entered for fun, but IF I win something - depending on what it is of course - I'm thinking of passing the prize onto a certain some1 (if he doesn't win anything that is) who done a great guide & most probably deserve it more than me.... I've already got a LEDS2, as well as a Acekard 2i and r4i (both non-3DS though) so don't really need more of those

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The NDS section is the most competitive one, I have like 20% chance of winning with my guide which wasn't so special, but I'll keep my hopes up. Anything is fine if I win, only have a DSTT and Ez Flash V, lost AceKard2i while I was travelling .-.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
yay.gif
So you are on the judging panel as well as an entrant?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
mabilouz said:
Zorua said:
yay.gif
So you are on the judging panel as well as an entrant?
Well, there are only 7 entrants in the PS3 section. One is incomplete, and therefore ineligible. So which leaves six. So he has a 5/6 chance to win something. Judging from the quality of the guides, it's quite simple to see his guide is of higher quality than at least 2 or 3 of the other entrants.

Judging from this, he has a VERY big chance of winning. Not totally certain, but the chance he WONT win anything is minute. About as small as the dot at the end of this sentence.

Anyways, due to the DS section's competitiveness, I'm totally uncertain if I will win anything or not.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Zorua said:
yay.gif
yay anoher giveaway if he wins
another chance for a despaired person who can't afford another flashcart!

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Hopefully, I win something. I did a lot of work on my Wii Beginners Guide & FAQ. I also submitted two other guides (How to record DS games and How to run GBA games on your DS) although the recording guide is incomplete. I was planning on adding a section on recording with FRAPS and CamStudio.

Luckily, they are giving away 25 prizes so I have a decent chance of winning. Good luck to everyone that entered!
so do i with my cwcheat guide and how to rip a game in the psp section since it is almost dead

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Good luck to everyone!!
smile.gif

I never had a chance to enter, being all to busy with school and lack of in-depth knowledge in something useful for you guys
tongue.gif

I have two guides I'm "voting" for, if I could

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it just me or was a "Rating" feature just added to threads in the Tutorials & FAQs boards? (Maybe its been there a while and I just didn't notice, but I don't think so...) - Will ratings of threads be taken into account in judging?

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SifJar said:
Is it just me or was a "Rating" feature just added to threads in the Tutorials & FAQs boards? (Maybe its been there a while and I just didn't notice, but I don't think so...) - Will ratings of threads be taken into account in judging?
I saw this too just now, funny, but I wonder if it will ... It can't be right? I mean, there are judges.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)