[Tutorial] - 3DS POWER MICRO USB ADAPTER

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Peanut_BR, Jun 13, 2018 at 9:55 PM.

1. Peanut_BR
    OP

Peanut_BR Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2018
    Brazil
    Hello everybody, I just wanted to share something that I created and it's being really useful to me.

Idk about you all but I really hate to carry a lot of cables or chargers just to be able to charge my stuff like smartphone, tablets, portable games and so on. Thinking about that I decided to make an power cable adapter to my 3DS XL which is the 3DS male connector(which idk the right name) and the micro usb female connector. So the idea is to have a single adapter which will let you charge your 3DS with any micro usb cable. Another idea is to "recycle" all the material that you will need in this tutorial in case you have them.

Stuff that you will need

Making the whole process

Notes

2. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    This should also work for a DSi, right?
    (otherwise it should be moved to the 3DS section)

SirNapkin1334 likes this.
  3. Peanut_BR
    OP

Peanut_BR Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2018
    Brazil
    I'm not sure about the DSI connector if is the same as the 3DS but the tutorial can work for anyone that is trying to make an adapter for the portable Nintendo console.

Tbh i didn't see i was in the ds section.... I will see how I can move it

Last edited by Peanut_BR, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:45 PM
  4. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    Well, they use the exact same charger port, so it should work.

Peanut_BR likes this.
  5. YOUCANTSTOPME

YOUCANTSTOPME GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2012
    Canada
    in yo mind
    They should have just used micro USB (or mini USB like the Wii U Pro controller) in it in the first place or at least required a proper 5V source. It requires 4.6v but will tolerate 5V fine.

Maybe they didn't want people using generic cheap micro USB chargers which would fry the 3DS?

Anyways, cool adapter.

Peanut_BR and zeveroth like this.
  6. E1ite007

E1ite007 Living thanks to piracy

Nov 19, 2016
    Mexico
    blackflag.acid.org
    I think Nintendo did it that way because it use the same charger as the DSi, and when the 3DS launched the DSi was still living, and that could mean we could use the same charger for more devices, making it more cost effective than creating a new propietary charger and as you said, avoiding any fried 3DS motherboards by using cheap mini/micro/whatever USB chargers.

Last edited by E1ite007, Jun 14, 2018 at 6:09 AM
  7. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    Though with the NX, they finally switched to USB.

E1ite007 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice