Hacking [Tuto] R4i SDHC (and other clones) - How to play new games ?

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bunie said:
I have this Card. R4i-DSHC.com Its a pain, as the normal YSMenu doesnt work on it. BUT! I ASSURE YOU! the full kit of 6.33 will work perfectly! wipe your card, place 6.33 on there, and pwnz noobz!
moogle.gif
You wont have to use the crappy firmware ever again. Besides, that renameing crap only worked so much =/ it started being a pain for me a while back.

If your card is not infact an R4i-DSHC, all you need to do is properly DLDI patch and rename TTMENU.DAT to whatever your firmware uses.
moogle.gif
Cheers!

Thanks
smile.gif
I wanted to post that last week-end but I forgot!

So, if you want to use YSMenu or TTDS natively :

- Backup you files.
- Format your micro SD card.
- Copy all files from Retrogamefan's last release on / (root) of you card : /TTMENU/, TTMenu.dat, TTMENU.SYS
- Rename TTMenu.dat to what your R4 clone's kernel uses (iLL.iL, R4.dat, R4i.TP, etc...). Mine uses iLL.iL so I rename TTMenu.dat with that name.
- Put the micro SD card into your linker, then turn on your DS and say "woaaaaaw"
tongue.gif

It means, for people using the same R4 clone's kernel than me :
- no more main menu where you got to choose between Games, Media, SLOT2.
- no more R4 clone kernel updates' to do, just update the YSMenu/DSTT files from Retrogamefan's.

Nota Bene : You can also use an AKAIO GUI with the DSTT kernel if you want to or any GUI existing, BUT you will always have to use /TTMENU/ files.

EDIT : Tutorial updated with that method. Now you got three choices for your R4i-DSTT clone.

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
xabby666 said:
I've made an experimental firmware that i can't try before tomorrow based on menu scheme of r4isdhc (www.r4isdhc.com) hardware.

http://www.mediafire.com/?itm47bvvememuec

I've renamed the file extinfo from dstt firmware in map.bin and with an hex editor i've replaced the string "ExtInfo" with the string "Hibric ".

Other files are:

GAMEINFO.dat = infolib.dat
savlib.dat = savlib.dat
Demonrst.dat = ttreset.dat
R4iLoader.dat = ttpatch.dat

You can try it, but i not ensure you it works.

All files are updated to new savlib, extinfo, infolib released 18 november 2010.

I tried your kernel update on my card, but as I got a different card it does not work.
I can boot on it but I got a black screen with "www.R4I-SDHC.COM loading..." and "Fake card! Please return to retailer." Ahah
tongue.gif

Someone should test it with the same card than you cause I cannot help for that one.

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mmmmhh. Ok. I can test in some hour. And i report or continue to work for make a perfectly running firmware (I hope).
The message "Fake card! Please return to retailer." it's not dangerous for the card?
hate2.gif

Or it's a joke
rofl.gif

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
xabby666 said:
Mmmmhh. Ok. I can test in some hour. And i report or continue to work for make a perfectly running firmware (I hope).
The message "Fake card! Please return to retailer." it's not dangerous for the card?

Not dangerous at all, I tested a lot of different firmware with this card, never had a problem.
It just say that to say it cannot boot on it, the kernel/system instructions do not match the hardware and firmware, that's all!
wink.gif

Edit : Added the part to make the reset to work (A+B+X+Y+L+R). See the end of the tutorial.

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes. I've understand that problem is in map.bin file. I'm working for a good one. Sorry. Now i can try because i've my ds and all the time i need. Thank you for your tests.

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
tnx for the update! i'm currently using the FIRST CHOICE - USING YSMenu/DSTT NATIVELY (no more R4 main menu) and it's working like a charm!
smile.gif

i wonder if i can change the theme?

OFF TOPIC: i just noticed that your a She? your a girl? your a female?
wtf.gif

that's cool...
yay.gif

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep, I got boobs and vagina, does it sound weird... ?

You can easily change the skin theme with the two .bmp files in /TTMENU/ + .ini file for the text colors
wink.gif

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
CalamityDjenn said:
Yep, I got boobs and vagina, does it sound weird... ?

You can easily change the skin theme with the two .bmp files in /TTMENU/ + .ini file for the text colors
wink.gif
it's just i didn't expect that your a girl..
tongue.gif

i already changed the two .bmp files..
i should edit the .ini file so i can change the text colors?

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
xabby666 is working on it, just wait a bit.
And I'm actually editing the map.bin file your kernel is using, adding extinfo.dat data but I'm not comfortable with HEX data manipulation.
I use ghex2 (linux) to do that.

rockerzz182

Trophies
XP
Country
How To Boot Automatically TTMenu On my cart ive got my cart on r4i-sdhc.com..

Ive Tried This Method But It Gives Me a ?menu..when i boot my card..

INFO : This means you would not use your R4 clone kernel at all, you would not copy any files from it on you SD card, all you will use is YSMenu or DSTT wink.gif

- Backup you files.
- Format your micro SD card.
- Copy all files from Retrogamefan's last release on / (root) of you card : /TTMENU/, TTMenu.dat, TTMENU.SYS
- Rename TTMenu.dat to what your R4 clone's kernel uses (iLL.iL, R4.dat, R4i.TP, etc...). Mine uses iLL.iL so I renamed TTMenu.dat with that name.
- Put the micro SD card into your linker, then turn on your DS and say "woaaaaaw" tongue.gif
If it boots fine, then you can copy your games/homebrews on your card and play!

It means, for people using the same R4 clone's kernel than me :
- no more main menu where you got to choose between Games, Media, SLOT2.
- no more R4 clone's kernel updates' to do, just update the YSMenu/DSTT files from Retrogamefan's.

Nota Bene : You can also use an AKAIO or any GUI with the DSTT kernel if you want to, BUT you will always have to use /TTMENU/ files. You cannot autoload another kernel structure, it has to match DSTT's!

Pls Help..

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is the model of your card? What kernel do you normally use?
DO you have a R4.dat file on root of your micro sd card?
If so, did you made a copy of ttmenu.dat and renamed it R4.dat?

On root you would have R4.dat (copy of ttmenu.dat just renamed with your actual bootloader's name) + original ttmenu.dat.

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use YSMenu/TTDS with the dual boot method.

Can't you use the new R4i wood release on yours? If that works, it would be better for you to use it!

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No not realy. i tryed the r4i sdhc wood but it won't boot.
But i can start R4 wood menu with in my R4i menu. But when want to load a game its stops at the loading screen :S

I wil try it.
And i have also a r4.bat file on my root.

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
CalamityDjenn said:
What is the model of your card? What kernel do you normally use?
DO you have a R4.dat file on root of your micro sd card?
If so, did you made a copy of ttmenu.dat and renamed it R4.dat?

On root you would have R4.dat (copy of ttmenu.dat just renamed with your actual bootloader's name) + original ttmenu.dat.

I have a card from r4i-sdhc.com, the non 1.4 (and 1.4.1) version which uses firmware 1.09d. http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp When 'Bowser's Inside Story' came out I downloaded a version of the TTDS firmware that can run on this card. To run this TTDS firmware I have to load up the R4 firmware first then select the TTMENU.nds file from the list of games or select the middle icon on the main menu.
I'd like to stop using the R4 firmware to boot up the TTDS firmware but when I renamed the ttmenu.dat file to R4.dat all I get is white screens with menu? in red on it. Here's a picture of the files on the card before I rename the ttmenu.dat file and the second picture is the contents of the R4iMenu folder.
Files.jpg

folder.jpg

Any solution to get this running with the TTDS firmware only?

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so you got another kind of DSTT clones. The dev mixed few files and encrypted them so it became more complicated to get the code and modify it to match DSTT's files.
xabby666 is working on it, so you might wait a bit.
I had a quick look to map.bin, and it obviously is not the only file we should mod. R4.dat gots some modifications as well...
This one means we may have to create a new R4.dat with ttmenu.dat + the part the developers added to boot the system.

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CalamityDjenn said:
Ok so you got another kind of DSTT clones. The dev mixed few files and encrypted them so it became more complicated to get the code and modify it to match DSTT's files.
xabby666 is working on it, so you might wait a bit.
I had a quick look to map.bin, and it obviously is not the only file we should mod. R4.dat gots some modifications as well...
This one means we may have to create a new R4.dat with ttmenu.dat + the part the developers added to boot the system.

Right, and i've some difficult to end the work. The DS is from my son that this evening go away to the mother, and i can see next week. My time for test is very limited, but i hope i can fix this problems with R4.dat and map.bin.
Now i've inserted the firmware from DTSS, copied TTmenu.nds in moonshl2 folder and renamed to moonshl2.nds so i can start the dstt menu from music icon and r4isdhc from games icon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end