ROM Hack TUT: how to get codbo running on dstt,any os eg mac win linux

maddude155

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heyy this is my first tutrial so dont be mean....however construtive criticism is fine and this will work on ALL os's (eg windows mac or even linux)
What you need.
Official dstt kernel in your language.
unofficial dstt kernal from this link -> http://freakshare.com/files/yqaxe3sz/5314.rar.html (i know that is is in japanese just bear with me)
basic cut and paste knowledge
micro sd card and micro sd card reader

What to do?
first get your micro sd card and plug it into your computer.
now unrar the contents of the unofficial kernal to a folder on your desktop (i'll call it folder1)
Now put the unofficial kernal (stuff that you unrar'd eg TTMenu folder and TTMenu.dat and TTMenu.sys) onto the root of the sd card.
Now go to the OFFICIAL KERNAL and unrar it to another SEPERATE folder on your desktop ( i'll call it folder 2)
Now go into folder 2 then go into the TTMenu folder, Now Find the file called "language.ini" (without quotes) and copy it into the TTMenu folder on your sd card (computer might say do you want to overwrite such an such a file just say ok) now put your COD Blakcs Ops game on the root of the sd card.
Unplug the sd card and put it into your dstt and see if it works.....it has worked fine for me and others i know.

I have spent 6 hours lookings for something to get black ops to work and now it works np.
I DO NOT ENDORSE PIRACY AT ALL THIS IS FOR IMFOMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.

I will try to get a video up soon showing me doing it myself..
PLEASE IF IT WORKS FOR YOU POST SO OTHERS KNOW THAT THIS DOES WORK.

Also feel free to pm me if you have a problem and i can tell where to get "exact" file that i used.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Alternatively, you can skip everything in this guide and look for Retrogamefan (and other)'s ttmenu/ysmenu updates (not exactly hard to find) which consists of unzipping a file and dumping it's contents into your microSD...which should take about 3 minutes max.
I'll even provide a link to the thread on GBATemp that would probably help.
http://gbatemp.net/t218169-new-extinfo-dat...ovember-16-2010?

...btw, OT nice job using your time like that...Funny how you are saying it's for "imformational purposes only" since it is specifically referencing how to get a specific game that would otherwise not need any help in getting to work unless it were being pirated.
As for constructive criticism, you could organize your post a little more (bullet points, spoilers, etc.), research so that everything you have is definitely up-to-date, and not have that last bit with the "I have spent 6 hours....'exact' file that i used."

maddude155

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks i've never really made a tut before and i made that one late at night..........i did see retros updates but they didn't seem to work for me or my bro and this was the only way it would work
frown.gif
sooo i thought "hell maybe its not just us not being able to get it working" and this being the only one i got to work i was like "may as well post it an help any who cant get retros to work"

Thanks For the advie and i posted for informational purposes soo that you know i'm not saying GO AN DO THIS i'm saying like "hey herez what i did if you want to do the same go for it" and by "exact" file i ment the ttmenu and stuff that i had to make it work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk