Tutorial  Updated

Building a Switch-lan-play client on your android phone

Note: this post is out of date and will not be updated. Please use this tutorial instead!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/zero-to-smashing-local-wireless-online-ldn_mitm-guide.526228/

Noticed a lot of people asking for this bit there isn't much help with this... so here it is....

Note:
no credit for this as I didn't make any of this.
All credit goes to the dev for the programs used. Also I wrote this up on my phone... Excuse me for the formatting. Will fix it up when I get the chance to.

Disclaimer: some phones are different and if this doesn't work, post here and we'll see if we can find a way around this. Also if your phone over heat, blows up, turns into an apple, and other issue or problem other you may encounter, none of those are my fault and you agree to the risk following or reading this tut

Requirements
Procedures
1. First you need to download the libs and packages required to build the client. Launch termux and enter in the following
Code:
apt update
apt install libpcap-dev
apt install libuv-dev
pkg install cmake
pkg install tsu
pkg install git

2. Download the git
Code:
git clone https://github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play.git

3. Change directory into the git folder and make a build directory
Code:
cd switch-lan-play
mkdir build
cd build

4. Build your client now
Code:
cmake ..
make

5.Your client is now built, to run it you use
Code:
tsudo ./lan-play --relay-server-addr example.com:11451

6. Profit

Links:
How to set up your switch: http//www.lan-play.com/install

Space's GitHub: https://github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play

Space's android script: https://gist.github.com/spacemeowx2/b2f336489ce621c9d177db0fb35940f1

Last edited by lil-devil,

MisterMue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i read your post about infos and do not want to follow links to get the puzzle solved. See it as a service to the reader who is not informed about each detail.

lil-devil

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i read your post about infos and do not want to follow links to get the puzzle solved. See it as a service to the reader who is not informed about each detail.
Sorry I forget there are plenty of lazy people that requires to be spoon fed... Enjoy
Make you and your friends play games like in a LAN

Reactions: Berry112

gothteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just a quick question: since this is based on linux (or a fork), is it possible to port it over to a rasp-pi 3 or something? Would be great to have this app running localy but not on any phone or pc, just a dedicated micro pc should do the trick (but thats just assumption)

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm having a

/system/bin/sh: ./lan-play: not found

Error.

I'm on galaxy s8 rooted with magisk.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DeadlySin9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone tried running this on something like UserLAnd for non rooted users? Planning to try later if nobody has.

EDIT: Seems to run into a permissions issue: "Error pcap_findalldevs: socket: Permission denied"
Running as the root user in the machine doesn't seem to fix it, so device root may be necessary.

Last edited by DeadlySin9,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm having a

/system/bin/sh: ./lan-play: not found

Error.

I'm on galaxy s8 rooted with magisk.

I think I found out why I'm having the 'not found' problem. But I don't know how to fix it.
3aa4d1ca077848d433f5d275d3c89eab.jpg

lil-devil

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome!

I will add that to the OP
Only thing i notice is, i find most phones i use doesn't come with cmake, so might be a good idea to install cmake on yours.
but then again, users can figure that out them self i guess....

Anyone tried running this on something like UserLAnd for non rooted users? Planning to try later if nobody has.

EDIT: Seems to run into a permissions issue: "Error pcap_findalldevs: socket: Permission denied"
Running as the root user in the machine doesn't seem to fix it, so device root may be necessary.
No, in order for this to work, libpcap must have root access to view the network interface and modify it, hence root is required (just like on windows you may have to do a run as admin)

I think I found out why I'm having the 'not found' problem. But I don't know how to fix it.
3aa4d1ca077848d433f5d275d3c89eab.jpg

Do an
Code:
ls
what does that show?
you have to make sure you're in the "switch-lan-play/build" folder to run it.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Awesome!

I will add that to the OP
Only thing i notice is, i find most phones i use doesn't come with cmake, so might be a good idea to install cmake on yours.
but then again, users can figure that out them self i guess....

No, in order for this to work, libpcap must have root access to view the network interface and modify it, hence root is required (just like on windows you may have to do a run as admin)

Do an
Code:
ls
what does that show?
you have to make sure you're in the "switch-lan-play/build" folder to run it.
Sorry for the late response. Gbatemp was having a maintenance when I sent the reply, anyway, here it is again.

f4c2846e9cf98179f15df9a5041e383a.jpg

gothteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nvm about the rasp, got it running localy on it (and it runs perfectly).
Just had a minor adjustment to some of the commands (Sudo instead of tsudo for instance), installed cmake and made the program within seconds.

pi.png

Now to make it go autopilot if i turn off/on the raspberry pi... oh well, at least it runs :)

Last edited by gothteen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c