Turtles Count it Off! More Details of TMNT: Smash Up!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tmntgame.jpg

In Fall 2009, we will be celebrating the 25th Anniversary of favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. But, with a show? a toyline? or a new comic book? We get a new TMNT game to celebrate!

QUOTE said:
UBISOFT® CELEBRATES 25th ANNIVERSARY OF TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES® WITH LAUNCH OF NEW VIDEO GAME

SAN FRANCISCO – January 26, 2009 – Today Ubisoft announced that it will launch an all-new, original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® (TMNT®) video game – the first that is not tied to a TMNT® movie, television show or comic book – which will be a four-player action fighting title.

The game is being developed by Game Arts, noted for working on the critically acclaimed Super Smash Bros.? Brawl for Wii?. Scheduled for release in fall 2009, the video game will be a key event in the year-long "Shell-ebration” of the 25th anniversary of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® which, in addition to the video game launch, will include new and exciting products and experiences for TMNT® fans in the U.S. and around the world.

The success of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® in various media has been sustained over the last 25 years with numerous "bests,” including: the best-selling video game on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in 2007; and in the late '80s and early '90s, the No.1-rated Saturday morning TV show in the US; the No.1-rated daily syndicated animated TV strip for children; the No.1 Nintendo Entertainment System? and Game Boy? Advance video game in the world and the No.1 live touring arena show in the U.S.

"We're really excited to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the first TMNT® comic and we have a number of radical 'Shell-ebration' events planned for 2009,” said Gary Richardson, CEO of Mirage Studios. "The awesome new video game that Ubisoft will release in 2009 is an important part of celebrating this Turtles milestone with fans around the world.”

"There is no better tribute to the Turtles than the creation of a brand-new game that will help to launch the next 25 years of success,” said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft. "It's our pleasure to partner again with Mirage as part of the worldwide birthday celebration for the Turtles.”

More details about the game can be found in the January 2009 TMNT® cover story issue of Nintendo Power magazine in the U.S.

Update #2: Found a few more screens for the game.

News Source: Kotaku
Some Screens

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait for this game to come out. Absolutely anticipating it since its some of the Smash Bros. team.

Edit: The screenshots look a bit funny. But whaterver, I'll adapt to the new artstyle as long as the gameplay's great.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks, can't say they're that impressive to be honest.

If this wasn't by some of the people behind Brawl than I wouldn't care one bit of course saying that the people behind NitroBike Wii did the excedllent ExciteBike 64 and that turned out to be a bit crap.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
25 years already? Woah, I feel old...
frown.gif
Too bad they decided to keep the "TMNT" desings. I'd love to see the oldschool, red-badana turtles again. Heck, even the design for the last TV series and the Konami games was better, with each turtle having a different shade of green and all that.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Joey Ravn said:
25 years already? Woah, I feel old...
frown.gif
Too bad they decided to keep the "TMNT" desings. I'd love to see the oldschool, red-badana turtles again. Heck, even the design for the last TV series and the Konami games was better, with each turtle having a different shade of green and all that.
Due to the fact that this is an anniversary game, and being overseen by Mirage and Peter Laird, I'm thinking we can likely expect alternate skins/costumes for the various characters.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
ONE, BY THE POWER OF THE MARTIAL ARTS

Agree with Noitora, it doesn't look very graphically pleasing.
Well first, it is a Wii game. We've pretty much seen its visual limits. Second, I think it looks quite nice for a Wii game. The character models are smooth, the textures are true to the film, etc. Third, with this being made by the Smash Bros and Ninja Gaiden team members, it's really more about the gameplay than the visuals.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i highly doubt it will be a clone. just because it's mentioned that people from those dev teams are working on it doesn't mean they are reskinning a previous game. on the flipside, i don't really see this game being any good, but i could be wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol