Turn off rumble saves battery life?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Nemix77, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Nemix77
    OP

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    Sort of a dumb question since I know the Joy Cons have their own built in battery that last up to 20 hours but since I use my Switch exclusively on Airplane Mode for the time being (no web browser means no need for internet), would turning off rumble save me more battery life on the main Switch unit itself?

Airplane Mode turns off Bluetooth, NFC and Wi-Fi meaning detaching the Joy Cons won't work wireless since Bluetooth is off.

2. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Impossible.
    The rubble is in the controller it would save the joycons battery but i cant see it saving the switchs battery since all it does is sends a signal when rubble is called for. So if it saved anything it would be a min or 2

3. Nemix77
    OP

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    My thoughts exactly but since I have Bluetooth turned off and the Joy Cons are pretty much wired (less input lag) thus I was wondering if the Joy Cons connected directly to the Switch ((wired no Bluetooth) is pulling any power from the Switch unit itself.

Regardless, thanks for the reply...I'll do some testing myself.

4. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    When the Switch is undocked the Joyless Cons do not charge from the tablet battery unless their battery is low.

Nemix77 and Memoir like this.