LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BtMoupvCQAAAVop.jpg

OK ppl! No excuses now! Time to make yourself an OUYA if you don't have one. Thanks to the ppl over at XDA, all you need to do is install this pack of APK files and you can enjoy all that the OUYA platform has to offer.

http://click.xda-developers.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_140616826566410&key=f0a7f91912ae2b52e0700f73990eb321&libId=97e1e912-f452-451a-b970-951408baa23e&loc=http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/general/ouya-store-amazon-fire-tv-t2806575&v=1&out=https://diegomejia.globat.com/android/FTV/OuyaApks.zip&ref=http://forum.xda-developers.com/ouya/general/sideload-ouya-store-android-device-t2812860&title=Ouya Store on Amazon Fire TV | Amazon Fire TV | XDA Forum&txt=HERE

Also, here is some video showing a Nexus 7 turned into a OUYA console:

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT Ouya Everywhere, it only uses a few files pulled from the OUYA console to get the
Launcher, Store, and Games running on any Android Device.

You can use your current account, controller, and games with this.

Step(s):

1. Download these APK files and install them (Launcher, Console, 00BE): http://click.xda-developers.com/api/...Forum&txt=HERE

2. If your device is rooted, install the OUYA Controller key layouts. I've lost the link but you can either extract it from your ouya console, or find it online.

3. Press the home button on your device, click Ouya Launcher.

4. Login and pair your preferred controller. Voila!

One thing I would reccomend doing is installing CM11 Kit Kat with this on top for added functionality but the same Ouya experience ��

Credits to mejdam@XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/ouya...evice-t2812860) . Credits to azsouthendzone for linking this to me.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
So I can run some files to make my Android device into an inferior version of itself? What purpose does this serve? The Ouya offers next to nothing in terms of exclusive content, and even less in terms of exclusive content worth pursuing. Otherwise there are a ridiculous number of gamepads out there that can be used in place of an Ouya controller that will work on near any smart phone as long as it has bluetooth capability.

This just feels like a waste to bother with.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would be much more excited for the possibility of installing OUYA exclusives on bog standard Android than for the full OUYA "OS" running. At least it's not a custom ROM though - you can OUYA'ize and de-OUYA'ize your device whenever you want, so I guess that's alright.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty cool, really.

OUYA seems to be the only viable company that's serious about getting the most gaming potential out of android, which is largely untapped.

Towerfall on your phone? I'm in.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So I can run some files to make my Android device into an inferior version of itself? What purpose does this serve? The Ouya offers next to nothing in terms of exclusive content, and even less in terms of exclusive content worth pursuing. Otherwise there are a ridiculous number of gamepads out there that can be used in place of an Ouya controller that will work on near any smart phone as long as it has bluetooth capability.

This just feels like a waste to bother with.
Pretty much this. Seems like a waste of space for shit you can get on the Play store anyways, or on other platforms (like Towerfall).

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gotta love this community. There is a sudden whopping 872 extra games playable on android (with button support, no less), yet people treat it like it's a joke. As if the current library is somehow worse now you can play games like broken age, fez, towerfall or Giana sisters: twisted dreams on android. They may not be the best games ever made, but it's not like the google play store has such high entry standards.

But I imagine it'll be much tougher selling ouya consoles now. If your average phone or tablet can already do this (and it probably can), then it's much cheaper to just buy a bluetooth controller and/or a HDMI cable to go with it than the actual console.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Gotta love this community. There is a sudden whopping 872 extra games playable on android (with button support, no less), yet people treat it like it's a joke. As if the current library is somehow worse now you can play games like broken age, fez, towerfall or Giana sisters: twisted dreams on android. They may not be the best games ever made, but it's not like the google play store has such high entry standards.

But I imagine it'll be much tougher selling ouya consoles now. If your average phone or tablet can already do this (and it probably can), then it's much cheaper to just buy a bluetooth controller and/or a HDMI cable to go with it than the actual console.

Those 872 games aren't Ouya exlusives, they're Android games given crappy control layouts. I think out of all of those games, only 2 are actual exclusives.

EDIT: Oh, and the one amazing one, Towerfall, that's available on other platforms.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK ppl! No excuses now! Time to make yourself an OUYA if you don't have one. Thanks to the ppl over at XDA, all you need to do is install this pack of APK files and you can enjoy all that the OUYA platform has to offer.

If you have Android, you already can... and then some.

And by "some" I mean "a lot."

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Those 872 games aren't Ouya exlusives, they're Android games given crappy control layouts. I think out of all of those games, only 2 are actual exclusives.

EDIT: Oh, and the one amazing one, Towerfall, that's available on other platforms.

If you look at any game platform these days, the number of great exclusive games is pretty slim.

And it may just be me, but I prefer buttons over a touchpad for the far majority of games.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you look at any game platform these days, the number of great exclusive games is pretty slim.

And it may just be me, but I prefer buttons over a touchpad for the far majority of games.

They're either crap mobile games designed to originally work with simplistic touch controls, or can be found on better platforms, or already available on phones to begin with.
Most of the "better" (and I use that term extremely loosely) mobile games with more "complex" layouts DO support controllers/buttons because there are some phones/USB attachments designed for (casual) gaming.
It's not really the communities fault you have low standards for what counts as exciting news.
This has a solid "Neat but a total waste of effort" stamped all over it.

I was surprised since this news will actually hurt ouya hardware sales (not like they were flying off the shelf in the first place)

I'm sure they fly off the shelf all the time

into a dumpster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1