Turkish schools to stop teaching evolution, official says

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by mech, Jun 29, 2017.

1. mech
    OP

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    [​IMG]

see: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ools-to-stop-teaching-evolution-official-says

"Evolution will no longer be taught in Turkish schools, a senior education official has said, in a move likely to raise the ire of the country’s secular opposition. Alpaslan Durmuş, who chairs the board of education, said evolution was debatable, controversial and too complicated for students.

The secular opposition worries that the president and his party are reshaping Turkish society and clinging to neo-Ottoman ideals that see Turkey as the vanguard of a greater Islamic nation."

What do you guys think to this?

Last edited by mech, Jun 29, 2017

2. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    This post has been removed due to the staff's corruption to money and other people.

Last edited by Vipera, Aug 13, 2017
  3. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by Veho, Jun 30, 2017, Reason: K.
    Jun 29, 2017
  4. Paranoid V

Paranoid V Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2014
    Mexico
    Ohh noes!!! And how in the world are those children going to understand Pokémon mechanics?

"Sience is debatable and controversial"
    WTF!!

Seriously though, the whole world is going batcrap crazy in this second halve of the decade.

5. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Oh, Turkey doesn't like wrongthinkers.. Imagine my shock.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It might become part of EU (it's a mafia), but not of Europe.

sarkwalvein and Xiphiidae like this.
  6. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Who cares.
    This is a gaming forum, not a school.

7. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Fuck you, Erdogan.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The 'Turkey in EU' meme has been dead as soon as Erdogan was elected. That guy is straight up a dictator; he puts journalists in jail and negotiates human lives. Then he puts innocent people in jail and gains full power from a fake referendum. Now this. Again, not surprising. Soon Turkey will turn into Iran or Saudi Arabia.

8. Whole lotta love
    This message by Whole lotta love has been removed from public view by Veho, Jun 30, 2017, Reason: K.
    Jun 29, 2017
  9. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by Veho, Jun 30, 2017, Reason: K.
    Jun 29, 2017
  10. StarTrekVoyager
    This message by StarTrekVoyager has been removed from public view by Veho, Jun 30, 2017, Reason: K.
    Jun 29, 2017
  11. the_randomizer
    Jun 29, 2017
  12. Whole lotta love
    This message by Whole lotta love has been removed from public view by Veho, Jun 30, 2017, Reason: K.
    Jun 29, 2017
  13. the_randomizer
    Jun 29, 2017
  14. Whole lotta love
    Jun 29, 2017
  15. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You said you left.
    Also back on-topic: I forgot that Turkey even existed on planet earth.

StarTrekVoyager likes this.
  16. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Good thing, in 10 years Turkey went from the flagship modern and laic Muslim country to a fucking dictatroship ripoff with an Islamist at its head named Erdogan. And I say this as the son of a Muslim.

Costello and Felek666 like this.
  17. Vipera
    This message by Vipera has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 30, 2017, Reason: insulting/flaming.
    Jun 29, 2017
  18. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    That's interesting.
    -snip-

Last edited by raulpica, Jun 30, 2017 - Reason: Removed reply to trashed post -rp
  19. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Thank god, now everybody will know the true way. All these Europeans teaching about the fable that is Evolution. They are probably all commies too smh

20. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    And this is off topic. We should care about the future of our education system.
    "This is a gaming forum," shouldn't be the go-to argument to dismiss something like this.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Jun 30, 2017 - Reason: My cabbages! (in reply to post being removed)
  21. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    It can't be debatable and too complicated at the same time. More so: you can't have a debate without a grasp of the matter in the first place.
    And something is only controversial compared to another idea or ideology. Flat out refusing one side is something that goes directly against the idea of education in the first place.

The best way would be to present both sides of the argument. Yes, it may rise to some arguments. Even fights, if education is poorly given... But the end result will be worth it.

Unfortunately, I doubt you'll hear sentences like this in Turkish media. The reports there are probably too busy being in jail. :sad:

22. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    I guess Kim could easily become Erdogans best buddy at least if he would convert to the Islam XD
    At least Kim knows how to make his beloved folks love him so much that they will do everything and think he is some kind of god :/
    I guess next change will be that in History books Erdogan will be titled as Gods reincarnation...

23. Luglige
    This message by Luglige has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jun 30, 2017, Reason: Other people like religions and we should respect that -rp.
    Jun 30, 2017
  24. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Whoa, whoa, don't be so Islamophobic. They're their beliefs and culture; everyone knows science is just a front for white supremacist cultural imperialistic neoliberalism anyway.

Sounds like he'd fit right in with the EU.

CallmeBerto and Luglige like this.
  25. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    LMAO. People calling EU a dictatorship are really saying whatever. The EU saved us from bankruptcy and relaunched our economies.

26. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    I don't live in Europe, so I'm not informed on this, but it seems like Greece is a prime example of the "relaunched" downwards.

27. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    It's the opposite actually. Greece spent money they didn't have and created the 2010 Euro crisis. They found themselves broke and EU spent billions of dollars to help them not sink into bankruptcy. And see, nowadays €1 is only worth $1.12, and it helps our economies. And this € devaluation is courtesy of Europe anCentral Bank.

28. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    yes it is but than again for the people living there it is very bad for the time beeing.

If I would be ruler over Germany I would try to save up as much money as possible highering taxes and whatever only to pay of the debt we have (i think it is increasing more than 1000$ each second -.-V) and if the dept is completely cleared and everyone would hate me and wants to kill me I would lower the taxes back to a minimum and would still have much much much much more money to spend for schools and childcare and whatever

But for the people who have to endure the few hard years you will be the worst guy ever ... even though later generations would be thankfull.

29. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Well, now I know. European politics are interesting :P

30. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Finally a guy who understands it's not all about trhe present moment! You know, Germany has the chance to have people who understand this, as opposed to France where left-wing syndicalists want absolutely no effort in favor of economy and hated Hollande fpor that. But our debt has stabilized thanks to Hollande.