TurboGrafx-16 Bomberman conversion for SNES?

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bomberman (USA)-001.png

It's a game I really like and I dream to port it to the Super Nintendo. Should include all stuff from the TG16 version minus, of course, the C-Link battle mode (and normal battle mode played via the Super Multitap).

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think I've played that one, or is it the one that Mega Bomberman is based on?
This was the game that was released for the TurboGrafx-16, PC-Engine and Sharp X68000, later ported as Dynablaster on Atari ST, Amiga and DOS. Mega Bomberman was based on Super Bomberman 3 because there is Rooey in it.

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This was the game that was released for the TurboGrafx-16, PC-Engine and Sharp X68000, later ported as Dynablaster on Atari ST, Amiga and DOS. Mega Bomberman was based on Super Bomberman 3 because there is Rooey in it.
Oh cool, thanks - I played Dynablaster on the Amiga, was my first introduction to the series, and we had a lot of fun with up to 5 players B-)
What does the TG16 version have that others don't?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I realised I was confusing the TG16, which is the home console also known as the PC Engine, with their handheld console which I can't think of the name of right now.

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If this game is ever going to get ported to the SNES, here's what it should include (in my opinion):
  • Full content, cutscenes and SFX/music from the TurboGrafx-16
  • A 2-player simultaneous mode added (don't know if it's possible since the vanilla game doesn't have one, just single player and battle modes)
  • Password feature removed and replaced with standard SRAM saving. The original game has got both password and save/load systems, which is a bit odd
  • Battle mode playable with the Super Multitap (what about 5-player battle though?)
  • C-Link battle completely discarded
  • Redone title screen menu like "PUSH START BUTTON!" instead of "PUSH RUN BUTTON!"
This will make a great retro title accessible to more people. 16-bit goodness!

• Love

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Oh I realised I was confusing the TG16, which is the home console also known as the PC Engine, with their handheld console which I can't think of the name of right now.
The handheld version of the PCE / TG-16 is called "TurboExpress" in the USA and "PC Engine GT" in Japan

• Love

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If this game is ever going to get ported to the SNES, here's what it should include (in my opinion):
  • Full content, cutscenes and SFX/music from the TurboGrafx-16
  • A 2-player simultaneous mode added (don't know if it's possible since the vanilla game doesn't have one, just single player and battle modes)
  • Password feature removed and replaced with standard SRAM saving. The original game has got both password and save/load systems, which is a bit odd
  • Battle mode playable with the Super Multitap (what about 5-player battle though?)
  • C-Link battle completely discarded
  • Redone title screen menu like "PUSH START BUTTON!" instead of "PUSH RUN BUTTON!"
This will make a great retro title accessible to more people. 16-bit goodness!
Will you do it, or are you asking?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I started up the TG16 version of Bomberman out of curiosity, and so far it looks much like I remember Dynablaster on the Amiga. Probably been too long to notice any small differences.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on