OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tuna-viDS version 1.0 released.
AVI video player updated
Adding to the recent stream of video player releases is chishm with an updated version of his DS port of Xvid, Tuna-viDS.

tunavids.jpg

For those who are unaware Tuna-viDS is an application that allows avi files using xvid and mp3 audio to be played. It is limited to lower resolutions and bitrates but unlike the files some other players use it is a common standard which makes things slightly more accessible.

This release fixes a few bugs and adds a new skin.

Video is suggested to be around 350kbps at 256x192 resolution and 12 or less fps, mp3 should be mono around 96kbps CBR.

icon11.gif
GBAdev thread

icon11.gif
Homepage

download.gif
GBATemp download

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not had time to extensively test this yet (got it crash a few times) but it is a nice release.
Here is my avisynth script although it might not do much good for you as it is tailored the the video (the source was 23.98 fps which to make life easier for the changefps filter I set to 24) and as I was lazy I distorted it rather than adding borders too. I can tune it up a bit to make it a bit more easy to wield (probably add some variables and an auto resize/borders function as well as take care of audio in script.
Code:
directshowsource("filename").assumefps(24)
trim(16400,16800)
BilinearResize(256,192)
converttoyv12()
#info()#info is a function to add all sorts of video info the image.
changefps(12)

I used a fully updated version of megui to make it, if people are interested I will see about making a profile for it to get things easier although it will probably be just as easy to make it yourself.

Also no bonus points for guessing the film.

P

pasc

Anyone got this working ?

It won't continue after showing:

opening blablabla.avi with /:fat0 tuna-viDS.nds

I did the tuna-vidDS.nds in the root and my M3 Simply should autopatch the Homebrew (latest FW).

Any help or reported successions ?

P

pasc

So did anyone succeed in playing a avi file using the new release ?

I really need help cause it won't work for me (M3 Simply).

KThx in advance

Seeing 12 user watch but not post I have to add: using the filebrowser and not a renamed tuna-viDS.avi file in the root.

mrgodai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got this working ?

It won't continue after showing:

opening blablabla.avi with /:fat0 tuna-viDS.nds

I did the tuna-vidDS.nds in the root and my M3 Simply should autopatch the Homebrew (latest FW).

Any help or reported successions ?

try having both tuna-vids.nds and tuna-open.nds in the root and run tuna-open.ds

xvid quality is way better then dpg by far, i'm really happy with this... seeking mess up the video for a few seconds though :/

P

pasc

thats what I did. I then tried to open a video and it got stuck in the screen "loading blablabla.avi with /:fat0 tuna-viDS.nds.

Whatd could it be that I miss ?

mrgodai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P

pasc

I use super with the setting on the homepage.

Well, finally !

I already said I did that aswell... aside from this my encoded videos work, as long as I call them tuna-viDS.avi and place them in the root of my micro sd.

the new file launching does not work, THATS why I ask, so... any ideas ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
12fps and lower usually kills any lip sync/illusion of movement pretty well (see a lot of slightly older youtube stuff).

Also a lot of avi files use VBR MP3 (which is not part of the standard) which can cause major sync issues.
Avisynth has a filter called ensurevbrmp3sync() you can use but it often massively slows seek time if you are needing it (I would add it but comment it out if you are trimming).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended