Tubehax DNS behavior with vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by WiiModWiis, Mar 6, 2016.

1. WiiModWiis
    OP

WiiModWiis Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2008
    United States
    Hi all,

I've been away from the Wii hacking scene since the original Wii. Figured I'd port over everything to the vWii but I was curious about the internet connectivity between the vWii and the Wii U modes.

If I block Wii U updates with Tubehax DNS settings, do I need to apply the same blocking to vWii settings as well? I'd like to be able to have internet access on the vWii for Homebrew app updates and features. I'm just concerned about the Wii U mode getting accidentally updated if I'm actually supposed to apply Tubehax DNS on vWii settings as well.

2. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    I don't believe that tubehax blocks the internet part of vwill. Only the Nintendo updates. Netflix and hulu and Internet still work

3. WiiModWiis
    OP

WiiModWiis Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2008
    United States
    So if I just do the Tubehax on the Wii U side, and set up normal internet settings on the vWii side I'm safe from accidental updates on the Wii U mode?

4. memomo

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 30, 2013

That what I did, no problem so far

By the way, there isn't system settings app in vWii, so even if you decide to put DNS in vWii you can't

Last edited by memomo, Mar 6, 2016
    Jonna likes this.
  5. EarlAB

EarlAB hon hon titty croissants

Banned
    Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere.
    Lies. The system settings app is still there. You just have to load it with a HomeBrew app.

6. memomo

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 30, 2013
    Do yourself a favor and die.

7. EarlAB

EarlAB hon hon titty croissants

Banned
    Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere.
    Sorry, I'm already dead.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —