Hacking TTYSauto updated

Heritz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TTYSauto is an application to easily install YSMenu on your DSTT card. It generates a zip ready to use. Just decompress the zip file into your SD card and you are good to go.

- README file contains usage instructions.

This application is based on the original code and idea of Maikel Steneker. Thank you Maikel for making this in the first place.

NOTE: Mario92 made a major contribution by providing a shell script equivalent for those who use Linux. Thank you Mario92!

Current features
Code:
- Uses YSMenu to automatically generate a zip-file with all necessary files to run YSMenu on the DSTT and TTDS.
- Includes the newest version of the DSTT software.
- Includes the latest extinfo, infolib and savlib files.
- Can use any another version of the DSTT software
ÂÂÂÂ- When another version is present in the directory "dstt" it will be used.
- Minimal number of files in the root; almost everything is in the YSMenu directory.
- Homebrew support.
- Skin support
ÂÂÂÂ- You can place all the skins you want in the skin folder.
ÂÂÂÂ- Includes 6 very nice looking skins!
ÂÂÂÂ- Switch skins by pressing "Start" and launching "SkinSelecter".
- Supports Japanese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Finnish, Portuguese and Swedish languages!
- Includes up-to-date cheats database (April 17th 2010)

Changelog
Code:
(Jul 28th 2010 @ v1.5.2)
- Renamed the folder YSMenu to TTMenu. It fixes some issues with ttreset.dat.
- Updated to the latest extinfo, infolib and savlib files.
- Updated to the latest cheats database.

(May 17th 2010 @ v1.5.1)
- TTYSauto will now automatically use YSMenu0903211700.zip if it is present in the root directory.

(May 11th 2010 @ v.1.5)
- TTYSauto will now include the latest extinfo, infolib and savlib files.
- Added Swedish and Portuguese translations for YSMenu.
- Reduced the overall filesize of language files by stripping unnecessary LITERALS.
- Implemented SkinSelecterYS for easy skin management.
- Added 6 new skins from ShaolinAssassin.
- NO_DEL option on YSMenu.ini has been set to 'true' by default to prevent accidental rom erasing.
- TTYSauto has been converted to an exe file for easier versioning. Source code is still availabe in the "source" folder.

(May 3rd 2010 @ v.1.1)
- Added Finnish translation for YSMenu.
- Added shell script for Linux.
- Added iYSMenu Skin by ShaolinAssassin.

(May 1st 2010 @ v.1.1)
- Fixed algorithm errors related to YSMenu.ini
- Converted all the interface to english.
- Updated packages (DSTT firmware, cheat database, etc).
- Easier folder structure.
- A lot of other stuff that I can't remember.

(October 21 2008)
- Support for the new YSMenu0810211800.zip
ÂÂÂÂ- Support for previous versions has been removed
- Cheat database update

(September 14 2008)
- Support for the new YSMenu0809132222.zip
ÂÂÂÂ- Support for previous versions has been removed
- When YSMenu0809132222.zip is not found temporary files will still be deleted

(September 13 2008)
- First release, based on R4YSauto and AK2YSauto

Thanks to:
Code:
- Yasu
ÂÂÂÂ- YSMenu
- DSTT Team
ÂÂÂÂ- DSTT software
- Igor Pavlov
ÂÂÂÂ- 7-Zip
- Tora Software
ÂÂÂÂ- SkinSelecterYS
- Pong20302000, retrogamefan
ÂÂÂÂ- Latest extinfo, infolib and savlib files
- Ace Faith
ÂÂÂÂ- Swedish and Portuguese translations for YSMenu
- Mario92
ÂÂÂÂ- Finnish translation for YSMenu
ÂÂÂÂ- Shell script version for Linux
- ShaolinAssassin
ÂÂÂÂ- Skins (http://shaolinassassin.deviantart.com/)
- chism
ÂÂÂÂ- DLDI
- elixirdream
ÂÂÂÂ- Cheat database
- maxim
ÂÂÂÂ- Testing
- PharaohsVizier
ÂÂÂÂ- Testing

Download
http://www.ingeniarte.com/files/nds/ttysauto_1.5.2.zip

README file contains usage instructions.

Feel free to post any errors or suggestions in this post.

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
I thought Depravo was updatin' it.
unsure.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That reminds me of a question I once had a while ago, but I never asked because I didn't really care about it too much xD.
I suppose I'll just ask it now while it is still on topic.
What exactly IS updated between the R4YSAuto/TTYSAuto versions, just the extinfo/infolib/savlib.dats?

Heritz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
That reminds me of a question I once had a while ago, but I never asked because I didn't really care about it too much xD.
I suppose I'll just ask it now while it is still on topic.
What exactly IS updated between the R4YSAuto/TTYSAuto versions, just the extinfo/infolib/savlib.dats?
In this TTYSauto package, I updated the DSTT firmware, YSMenu and cheats database. Also the installer got some improvements. As you can see in the changelog, the last update was done in 2008, so there were some stuff to update.

I didn't include the latest extinfo/infolib/savlib files because I am not 100% sure if they work on all the clones. If anyone can confirm this, I will certainly include those files inside the package.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
.sh would be nice. Only .exe file should be YSMenu ttextract so if Linux has wine installed there shouldn't be any problem.

I have Finnish language on my DSTT for both YSMenu and TTMenu if you would like to include it?

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
I have a spanish, portguese and swedish translation of YSMenu, through the YSMENU.INI file, would you like me to include that too?

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
Some thoughts on the Linux version:
-could curl or wget be used to automatically download ysmenu.zip? I think curl is more likely to be available... (at least on my OSX system)

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
matriculated said:
-could curl or wget be used to automatically download ysmenu.zip? I think curl is more likely to be available... (at least on my OSX system)
That sounds like great idea and wont be too hard to include. I should also clean up the code lol
laugh.gif

I personally prefer wget though. I were thinking what yasu would think about it becouse he wants people to link to his site instead of hotlinking directly/precomplining
frown.gif

I was also thinking including YSskinselector thingy so that skins would be on their own folders, skin.ini can be used instead of editing colors in YSMenu.ini and it would be easier to switch themes without computer
wink.gif

Heritz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ace Faith said:
I have a spanish, portguese and swedish translation of YSMenu, through the YSMENU.INI file, would you like me to include that too?
Spanish is already included in the default YSMenu. However, we could use Swedish and Portuguese translations. Upload the files somewhere and private message me the link.
Thanks!

Heritz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mario92 said:
matriculated said:
That sounds like great idea and wont be too hard to include. I should also clean up the code lol
laugh.gif

I personally prefer wget though. I were thinking what yasu would think about it becouse he wants people to link to his site instead of hotlinking directly/precomplining
frown.gif

That would be nice, however, I don't know if Yasu would allow it. Maybe you could mail him?

Mario92
I was also thinking including YSskinselector thingy so that skins would be on their own folders, skin.ini can be used instead of editing colors in YSMenu.ini and it would be easier to switch themes without computer
wink.gif
Do you have the official link to download this app? I can include it in the batch file as well.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Heritz said:
Mario92 said:
matriculated said:
laugh.gif

frown.gif

That would be nice, however, I don't know if Yasu would allow it. Maybe you could mail him?

Mario92
wink.gif
Do you have the official link to download this app? I can include it in the batch file as well.
I can mail him. I just hope he can understand english...

That skinselector:
http://filetrip.net/g5698-DSTT-Skin-Selector.html
http://www7.atpages.jp/torasoft/
Then skins would go like /YSMenu/skin/Skin name/files.bmp and YSMenu.ini of skin would be renamed to skin.ini

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
re: wget/curl -hmmm, I wouldn't want to piss off Yasu.

I'm try to get the Linux script to run under OSX using Darwine (WINE port) and Crossover (commercial WINE port). Crossover successfully runs ttextract.exe but I don't know how to call Crossover from a script. Darwine keeps complaining about missing files. I'll keep investigating...

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well I got the Linux/bash script working under OSX - but it's a bit messy. You have to have WINE Bottler installed which is a pretty obscure piece of software - but it's free version of WINE for OSX. When ttextract.exe is called WINE Bottler will prompt for a method of execution (you can run it in emulation or you can pack the .exe into an OSX application). Also, I had to modify the script to pause until the user enters Y because there's no way to check to see if ttextract successfully runs. I could check for the existence of ttpatch.

TLDR: modified .sh works for OSX but is pretty clumsy.

If there's any OSX users who want this, post here. I don't think there's many of us.

GOON

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like this menu, it loads games fast and is much faster to browse than the regular menu. The only reason I don't use it, is because if a kid gets it they can erase the game by pressing x real easy. I guess my question is. Is there a way to block that feature?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
GOON said:
I really like this menu, it loads games fast and is much faster to browse than the regular menu. The only reason I don't use it, is because if a kid gets it they can erase the game by pressing x real easy. I guess my question is. Is there a way to block that feature?
There is actually. It's in the ysmenu.ini and its a snap to block, just change the "false" to "true" for the "NO_DEL" value.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
GOON said:

This sounds like a good thing to have for the ysmenu.ini, I mean like a kid-safe mode where the delete option is unallowed by default. It definitely should be added onto the next version
mthrnitesmiley.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm