emmas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi

i have set numorous dstt cards up for friends in the past without problem however now i am stuck.

i have one card which always gives this error message

"[Rom loading failed]
Open TTMENU.SYS error

Please reset system"

when i read the micro sd after it has been in the faulty card the ttmenu has a square icon at the end of the title

i have reformatted the sd card (japan kingston 2GB) added the system files and games and tried in a dstt known to be working and the sd card loads perfectly

i have tried doing the fake recovery ( i recently had a fake which behaved totally differently and fixed it using the advice on this forum- thanks guys) simply because i did not know what to do

does any one know wether this fault is fixable

thanks

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
  • Use the Panasonic formatter to format your microSD card.
  • Make sure your games are in a "games" folder and not on the root.
  • Make sure you have plenty of free space for system files and save files.
  • Make sure you use "safely remove hardware" (and press the STOP button) before removing the microSD card from the PC.
-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You mean soft reset (i.e. go from a game back to the menu)? You have to enable it in the SysOptions menu and also for the individual game, then if I remember correctly you press A-B-X-Y-L-R all at the same time to reset a game. It won't work for all games, and enabling the option will cause problems with some games.

-Bri

ccsteehee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had same problem with my Kingston 2 Gb cards. Tried a different brand, and problems went away. The Kingston cards may be fake.

yrless11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue. I ordered 3 cards so I had some room to play. I was trying a Kingston card then went to a Sandisk card. No luck with either so I tried another TTDS and both cards worked. Tried the 3rd one and again both cards worked. I did the paper trick, just a few layers of scotch tape on TTDS #1 and it works fine. Try some tape and you'll probably be good.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be a lot of contact problems with the last few batches of DSTT's. Poor quality control along with clones and fake-killer firmware make it difficult to diagnose problems.

I suspect that Team DSTT may have shot themselves in the foot with the fake-killer stuff, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. They probably should have released a version of the firmware that puts up a message for several seconds telling you that you have a fake but doesn't kill it. Or at least not kill it until you've viewed the message several times. Or at least pop up a message after it's killed your fake telling you that you have a fake. That would at least allow people to know whether they're dealing with fake-killer code or just bad quality control.

Silently killing a fake semi-randomly isn't a very good method of deterring fakes since I imagine most users will just assume that the DSTT is crap without realizing they've bought a fake and return it for some other flash cart.

-Bri

Hitcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
Silently killing a fake semi-randomly isn't a very good method of deterring fakes since I imagine most users will just assume that the DSTT is crap without realizing they've bought a fake and return it for some other flash cart.
This is exactly why I could never understand the logic behind releasing the fake killer code - it just gives the DSTT card a bad name/image.

chall32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
I suspect that Team DSTT may have shot themselves in the foot with the fake-killer stuff, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. They probably should have released a version of the firmware that puts up a message for several seconds telling you that you have a fake but doesn't kill it. Or at least not kill it until you've viewed the message several times. Or at least pop up a message after it's killed your fake telling you that you have a fake. That would at least allow people to know whether they're dealing with fake-killer code or just bad quality control.

-Bri
Agree 100% Bri!
I used to recommend the DSTT when asked. Looks like I'm going to have to revise that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots