TTDS's menu is all pixelated!

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by itchyjayy, Jul 25, 2008.

Jul 25, 2008

TTDS's menu is all pixelated! by itchyjayy at 3:30 PM (4,009 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. itchyjayy
    OP

Newcomer itchyjayy Newbie

United States
    [​IMG]

I've recently bought my TTDS, and this is what happens when I load my menu. I've tried a different SD card, but still no luck. I didn't get a chance to try it on a different TTDS because none of my friends got one. I've yet to inform DealExtreme or TTDS about this. I wanted to come on here first and see if anyone else have had the same trouble and if anyone has got any solutions. anything would be helpful. THANNKSSSS! [​IMG]

2. ScuberSteve

ScuberSteve Newbie

try re-downloading the loader?

3. Cranberry

Newcomer Cranberry Member

Canada
    Yup. Back up everything on your computer, then format your microSD card, and redownload the loader.

4. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    For some reason I feel like this has happened to me before...

getting another copy of the firmware and formatting the MicroSD should do the trick.

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It looks like it's not finding the skin. Make sure you copy the TTMENU folder with all its contents to your microSD card, as well as the TTMENU.DAT file.

-Bri

6. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    It's a problem with the skin, i think 1.15 was missing the TT Menu folder (from Gbatemp Downloads) Download another skin from Gbatemp downloads and place it in the skins folder in TT Menu.

7. Bri

United States
  8. itchyjayy
    OP

United States
    thank you all SO MUCH! i am going to try all your suggested methods and reply tomorrow. tell yall how it goes.

9. itchyjayy
    OP

United States
    yup guys, I've tried re-formatting and downloading different kernels loaders. Nothing seems to be working right now. I've emailed DSTT's customer service on friday, but they still haven't got back to me yet. WHAT DO I DO NOW?! =(

10. Bri

United States
    First of all, try turning on your NDS with the DSTT inside but NO microSD card in it. You should get an icon that says "Menu?" in it. If you get that icon, that's a good sign. If you didn't get the "Menu?" icon, you'll need to return your defective DSTT to the store you got it from and exchange it for a new one.

OK, assuming you got that far...when you unzipped the firmware, did you get a TTMENU.DAT file and a folder named TTMENU with a bunch of other files and folders inside? Sometimes, they will be inside an "eng" folder, but you should NOT put the "eng" folder on your microSD card. Instead, you need to drop the TTMENU.DAT file and the TTMENU folder (with all its contents) onto your microSD card.

Then make a folder on your microSD card named "games" and drop 3 or 4 .nds files in it. When you view the microSD card, you should see the TTMENU.DAT file, the TTMENU folder, and the "games" folder.

Use the "safely remove hardware" utility before disconnecting the microSD card from your computer. With the DSTT in the NDS but with the NDS turned OFF, insert the microSD card into the DSTT. Turn on your NDS.

Then tell us what happens.

-Bri