Hacking TT Card Not Working On Repaired DS

dozygimp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have recently sent my ds off to total console repairs for a repair! hard to believe that!

When they returned the ds it no longer runs the tt card just goes to the reset screen i.e. set time date etc etc.

I contacted TRC and they told me they repair the consoles to nintendos specs and the tt cards are illegal?

it runs origonal games but have tried the r4, tt, and n5 card which all dont work......

any ideas?

would they have updated so it runs a r4I card?

thanks for your help

Paul

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dozygimp said:
I have recently sent my ds off to total console repairs for a repair! hard to believe that!

When they returned the ds it no longer runs the tt card just goes to the reset screen i.e. set time date etc etc.

I contacted TRC and they told me they repair the consoles to nintendos specs and the tt cards are illegal?

it runs origonal games but have tried the r4, tt, and n5 card which all dont work......

any ideas?

would they have updated so it runs a r4I card?

thanks for your help

Paul

1. what kind of ds?
2. ALL FLASH CARTS ARE ILLEGAL

dozygimp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i know they are illegal but they are good!
gbasp.gif

i am using it on a ds lite

cheers

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTT carts have a history of not making very good contact with the slot 1 connections. You can try the trick that has worked for so many other DSTT users: place a shim of some kind between the back of the DSTT cart and the back of slot 1 to force the DSTT contacts into connection with the slot 1 contacts.

TheNewbPleaser

Trophies
XP
Country
twit21 said:
DSTT carts have a history of not making very good contact with the slot 1 connections. You can try the trick that has worked for so many other DSTT users: place a shim of some kind between the back of the DSTT cart and the back of slot 1 to force the DSTT contacts into connection with the slot 1 contacts.

try that if it dosnt work 2 bad lol!

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
One thing you should always consider: spend the 5 bucks and have Nintendo send you a new DS and then send the broken one back to them. I did that 3 times so far and each time it's been no problem.

I do have to set the date/time before I can get anywhere, though. Are you sure they didn't just send you a refurbed DS because yours couldn't be fixed?

dozygimp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have tried all of the above but every time i insert a flash card of any decription the same problem......

gotta to be a firmware update !

cheers

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, have you tried putting in a 1.4 updated DSi compatible cartridge inside your newly repaired DS, it could be the same anti-piracy software as the DSi...

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dozygimp said:
have tried all of the above but every time i insert a flash card of any decription the same problem......

gotta to be a firmware update !

cheers
its just a DS right?sigh,you can't exactly "update"the DS' firmware just like that unlike the DSi.on first post you listed crappy cards to test,do you have something like M3 Real or something to try on?also you can always have it replaced by Nintendo

dozygimp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
havent tried the ds1 firmware yet...thats the next thing

might have to swap it in a shop somewhere
unsure.gif

thanks for yor help

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dozygimp said:
havent tried the ds1 firmware yet...thats the next thing

might have to swap it in a shop somewhere
unsure.gif

thanks for yor help
*ahem
you want help so badly you can at least state if your DS is a DSi or a DSLite/Phat.if its DSi check out the settings and see if it's 1.4(top right hand corner i believe)if so then update your DSTT by finding the 1.4 updater(forgot too lazy to find) in ndstt.com

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hehe Moo said:
lolzed he's already stated that it's a DS Lite.

"yeah i know they are illegal but they are good!

i am using it on a ds lite"
oh lol,it aint obvious.the other dude messed me up abit too.its your ds with the problem,have it switched

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dozygimp said:
yeah i know they are illegal but they are good!
gbasp.gif

i am using it on a ds lite

cheers

QUOTE(lolzed @ Nov 29 2009, 11:47 AM) *ahem
you want help so badly you can at least state if your DS is a DSi or a DSLite/Phat.if its DSi check out the settings and see if it's 1.4(top right hand corner i believe)if so then update your DSTT by finding the 1.4 updater(forgot too lazy to find) in ndstt.com

...can you read? he clearly says he's using it on a ds lite.

ontopic: never heard of this problem before although it is possible they've updated your ds firmware during the repair (if they're doing it by nintendo's specs its definately possible) if the paper trick or setting all the options in the main menu of the ds doesn't work its possible you'll need a new ds

chnkpk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heres what happened, they didn't actually fix your dslite, they just replaced it

The one you happened to get back had the newer firmwares on that that prevent alot of the older cards from working, your option now is to buy a new card, shouldnt run you more than 15 bucks, adios

dozygimp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
today i tried an r4i card in it....it still dont work!

think the option left for now is to try and swap it somewhere

chers

paul

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Or......
You COULD (but I'm ABSOLUTELY NOT recomending it) install FlashMe. It MIGHT save your DSL, but it's more probable that it'll brick.
In my honest opinion, go get it swapped, or tell the repairers that they've flashed/modified/swapped your DS without consent. What kind of company would do that anyways?
mad.gif

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simon_003 said:
Or......
You COULD (but I'm ABSOLUTELY NOT recomending it) install FlashMe. It MIGHT save your DSL, but it's more probable that it'll brick.
In my honest opinion, go get it swapped, or tell the repairers that they've flashed/modified/swapped your DS without consent. What kind of company would do that anyways?
mad.gif
What kind of company would distribute an OS patch for their console that serves no other purpose than to find and remove and and all homebrew or third-party code that may be present on the system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all