Tsumuji DS (Zelda-like) announced by EA Japan

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Sep 23, 2009.

1. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    There's another new Zelda-like game announced now, along with Okamiden. It's called Tsumuji or Whirlwind. Not much is known besides the fact that it's cel shaded, plays like Zelda, and is controlled by the stylus like Zelda. It's developed by Electronic Arts' Japan division. And here are some screens to show you what it looks like thus far-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really reminds me of toon Link. I'd almost say it's a huge ripoff. And i'd be more indignant about it if 1- it wasn't made by EA (whom i would come to suspect for doing this) and 2- it could turn out decent.

Anyways, for more info, here's the source and for in case the images are deleted from hotlinking-
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/22/ea-japan...tsumuji-for-ds/

2. syko5150

syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

Apr 25, 2009
    United States
    California
    hmm it looks like zelda but is it as good as zelda? guess i'll find out whenever its released =D

3. jackdanielchan

jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    The time shall come when we will see rip-offs of all EA made games working along side shovel wear titles such as the Imagine series.... The day dawn's upon us...

4. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Hrrrrrrnh. This is where I lost interest.

SLiV3R likes this.
  5. syko5150

syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

Apr 25, 2009
    United States
    California
    but there is always creating codes to use Dpad...i personally like the stylus controls but its nice to have an option.

6. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    I found the stylus control pretty good in Zelda. The only thing I`ve disliked was the big dungeon you have tzo return to every time...

This looks like a big rip-off Zelda. But sometimes that`s not a bad thing [​IMG]

7. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    Lol how much of a ripoff can game get lol... though a little lower quality graphics than zelda
    are the graphics of HM : Island of Happiness somehow related or using the same engine as zelda as the controls,textures,chars look a little similar (or largely similar)

Quote - patience and forbearance will conceal many defects

8. MegaAce™

MegaAce™ Steal back your future.

Nov 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Reminds me of the orange haired ninja girl from Wario Ware [​IMG]

9. CockroachMan

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    That's a huge rip-off.. but as long as it's good.. I don't care.

I don't understand why people complain so much about the controls in Zelda, it worked perfectly for me, the way you used the items with the stylus was brilliant. IMO, they're just a bunch of whiners looking for something to complain about..

10. syko5150

syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

Apr 25, 2009
    United States
    California
    i agree with you the whole idea behind the DS is innovation and being creative and all most people want is to play with the Dpad like they have been all their life...

11. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    True, Zelda controls were fine.

This game looks interesting, and i would agree that it resembles zelda in more ways than one.

However, cell shading is awesome [​IMG]

12. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    1. If it's not Zelda, than no, it's not going to be as good as Zelda. That's not really even a consideration, in my opinion.
    2. It's EA, so it might be worth playing, but it's equally likely to be unimpressive on any level, really.

13. ca_michelbach

ca_michelbach GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2008
    The Vualt
    I'm surprised nintendo are allowing a rip off of one of their best series and one one of their own consoles...let's hope it's good or it's so average that no one remembers it

14. ChrisRX

ChrisRX GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2006
    I don't think nintendo has an issue with zelda rip-offs as long as they don't try to infringe on the IP specifically. That's when they send out the C&Ds

Otherwise they've still released neutopia on the VC, Ookami on the wii, Final fantasy adventure on GB and none of them have ever come close to the quality of zelda despite being heavy zelda inspired.

15. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Apr 17, 2008
    Senegal
    @Your Home,behind the sofa
    nah, for some reason i thought of izuna [​IMG]

16. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    gotta say I did hate the Zelda controls, ruined the gaming experience for me (being a huge zelda fan, i didn't even bother completing that one [​IMG] )
    so I guess that one wont be for me either

17. imz

imz GBAtemp's vigilante

Nov 6, 2007
    Gotham city
    Yep, that's a Zelda clone all right

but who cares? If it's half as good as phantom hourglass I'll play it

18. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    EA don't usually care about its Japanese made titles, most of EA Japans games ended up being published by someone else in the West anyway if they ever do.

As for the Phantom Hourglass, the actual "been there done that" feel did it for me. The controls improved it but once the novelty of them went it was just another Zelda game.

19. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    That's where I lost interest.

20. HaniKazmi

HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    Manchester
    I'll keep an eye on this, but i doubt itll be good. I think its just a quick cash cow.