Trying to use NUSgrabber GUI v1.7 for Disney infinity 3.0

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Wpayton34, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Wpayton34
    OP

Wpayton34 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    I'm having an issue downloading the update file for Disney infinity 3.0 When I click on the download button, it just flashes a box really quick and doesn't put the files into the directory. BTW I'm very new at this and I actually found a wii u today with 5.3.2. I was successful in exploiting the kernel and I just want my kid to beable to play his game and not have the disc update the system. I blocked all urs on my router for wiiu and set my dns. I was wondering if anybody been having problems with NUSgrabber or if I'm doing something wrong.

2. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    Pretty sure ive heard the GUI is buggy. Use the non gui version

3. Wpayton34
    OP

Wpayton34 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    where can I get that from?

4. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
  5. Wpayton34
    OP

Wpayton34 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Now I'm not getting a dropdown in the main menu for the games. It shows nothing in the drop down. this is frustrating hehe.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ok I figured it out. I had to enable my laptop to use those url I blocked in my router. I'm guessing its getting the files from one of them sites that was suggested to block.

6. Wpayton34
    OP

Wpayton34 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Can you play online after you spoof the game?

7. Krak-ON

Krak-ON Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2015
    United States
    Yes you can, but only if you have the physical disk. Just make sure you also have TubeHax set up so you don't accidentally update.

8. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Dont use the GUI, its buggy. What you downloaded are the games, not the game updates. Use the CLI version like the stickies say

9. Wpayton34
    OP

Wpayton34 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    ok ty I did use gui and it seemed to work. Did not ask to update after it was done

10. 75mak

75mak GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2011
    So can I use Disney infinity 2.0 loadiine files and the 3.0 update files to play the star wars game starter pack.

11. Wpayton34
    OP

Wpayton34 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    no idea I used my original disc

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I just wanted it to stop asking me to update

12. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
    Question, is there a way to play this game without having to purchase all the extra model packs

They are like amiibo and there must be a way to play the game without having to spend so much on the figures

13. Wpayton34
    OP

Wpayton34 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    my k id was able to play without them. I forgot first time to plug it in

14. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
    How much of the game can you go through without them?

15. puppydg68

puppydg68 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2006
    Canada
    No this will not work. Disney 2.0 and 3.0 are completely different games. If you want to play star wars (which are great BTW) you will need 3.0 As far as the infinity base is concerned, any PS3/4/Wii base will work with WiiU, just none of the xbox ones. The infinity base is the same regardless of which version of infinity you play 1/2/3. There should be a future way to unlock the playsets and characters without needing the item(toy) on the base, this has been achieved on the PC version. You get a sample of the first star wars mission upon boot up, no base required. You could buy a clearance old 2.0 base for $10 if you can find them at best buy or the source. I picked up a 2.0 base for $12 clearance from BB.

Last edited by puppydg68, Jan 6, 2016
    75mak likes this.
  16. Adr990

Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Apr 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    It isn't "buggy", in that aspect it is stable.
    It's just the method for grabbing the "Latest" version is based on what the console application from wupinstaller.com is doing. Which isn't actually grabbing the actual latest version anymore. That is, since Nintendo changed things up a bit.

I still have to take a look at it myself to apply the new method that was discussed over here in some topic. But I haven't taken the time for it yet. Maybe in a few weeks I could write "version 2.0".

17. 75mak

75mak GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2011
    So if I could somehow file the Disney infinity 3.0 wud/loadiine files I could at least try the first stage?

I'm on 5.3.2 at the moment