XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

My system currently has installed:
Bootmii
Homebrew
Priiloader

I want to load games to usb flash, and possibly make backup cds as well. All guides i have seen say to install the trechea bug with dop-mii but with my copy of it v 14 it does not have a install 36 w/fake sign (then install ciosX rev 27). I only have choose which ios first, defaults to 36 when started but is adjustable via d pad. So what do i do? I can select 36 then pick ios 36 to downgrade, but i don't think downgrading the same ios iam using is a good idea? Sounds like brick material to me

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
That guide is obsolete. You should use ios 236 installer and then install d2x which is a newer version of ciosX (ios 249) using ios 236. Replacing any of nintendo's IOSes with hacked ones (with the possible exception of the korean only IOSes, assuming your wii is not korean) is a bad idea.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use ModMii to install the recommended cIOS files and then use a USB loader like Configurable USB Loader MOD to accomplish your goals.

Videomanman87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspected it was and that what I suggested was too risky. But wouldn't I need to replace one of the Wii system IOS to get the T-bug back and then install the cIOS? I just noticed about D2x and was wondering if it was better than the one i was about to install. Thanks will look that one up. :)

And thanks for the tip about Modmii, will check that one out too. So far what I was seeing was about Dop-Mii and its IOS installing abilities.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't follow outdated guides. There are newer, easier, and safer ways to do things. Really, just use ModMii, and all your problems will be solved. It is always up to date and it will automagically download all the files you need and generate a custom tutorial for you. It really couldn't get any simpler.

Reactions: XFlak

Videomanman87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I finally found what I was missing 236. I had everything else ready to install. I also thought I needed something else to install before it, but apparently not. :) Worked well. However one question why would one want Darkcorp IOS or a loader such as NeoGamma to load backup discs when you can use priiloader to mod the disc channel so that it always uses the cIOS to load? Am I missing something? Also I see ModMii suggests USB-Loader instead of USBloaderGX. Since I already had USBLoaderGX installed I just used that instead. Is there benefits to using USB-Loader instead?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both are good USB loaders, USB Loader GX is one thats been altered in many, many more ways than USB Loader, which is Configurable USB Loader, btw.....
I use both, just for shits & giggles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]