trying to upgrade r4i 3ds for DSi

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by pappy77, Jul 7, 2013.

1. pappy77
    OP

pappy77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2013
    United States
    Help please. I have a new DSi and a R4i 3ds that worked in a DS lite that was dropped and broke. The R4 did not work ("an error has occured") in the DSi I bought to replace the broke DS lite. I downloaded the current firmware to the R4 card and borrowed a working DS lite to do the upgrade but when I go to the upgrade screen, there is no button for "start"..just the "back" button. Need help on why I don't have a "start" button on the upgrade page.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    What model cart?
    What exactly did you download?

3. pappy77
    OP

pappy77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2013
    United States
  4. pappy77
    OP

pappy77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2013
    United States
    so is it typical for an R4i 3DS(no starburst sticker on front) to not work on new firmware? This cart is about a year old. Is it typical for them not to support new firmware on carts with age? Is the only solution to buy a new cart?

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Yes and yes.

Which is why lately we recommend the DSTwo, which is the only cart that hasn't done that even once. We can't guarantee it'll never do it, but it's got the best track record.

6. NariIro

NariIro GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    I too am having issues, I have attached a picture of the issue Im getting. i was able to do the other upgrade just fine. I believe. Im not sure.
    [​IMG]