Hacking Trying to update SD card on sd2vuta, I got just problems - HELP-

Willhelm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fits of all, let me describe my vita, I have a vita 1000 the fat one on enso 3.65..
So yesterday I buy a New SD card 128 Gb and say great, I can emulate a lot of thing.
So I follow some tutorial in youtube, I create the new image for the new sd card, I make a backu for everything
soo, I restart the vita and firts the vita ask me to format the memory card the internal. soo, wtf something was wrong
I say no, I enter to the ps vita, I was in the enso 3.65, but obviusly dont detecme the sd card and the sd2vita too.
Soo I do a little research on the internet, and restar pushin the L button to take off the plugins and this time
I enter in 3.60 Enso. to make this more quicky I ended formating my internal SD card
The logo of enso keep appearing on my vita, I am stuck in Enso 3.60, Apperantly I keep my psn account intact.
but researching more, some people say, I cant update to enso 3.65 again or I will fuck up the vita internal partition.
I dont know what to do, someboy has some experiencie like this, any advice. I really appreciate.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fits of all, let me describe my vita, I have a vita 1000 the fat one on enso 3.65..
So yesterday I buy a New SD card 128 Gb and say great, I can emulate a lot of thing.
So I follow some tutorial in youtube, I create the new image for the new sd card, I make a backu for everything
soo, I restart the vita and firts the vita ask me to format the memory card the internal. soo, wtf something was wrong
I say no, I enter to the ps vita, I was in the enso 3.65, but obviusly dont detecme the sd card and the sd2vita too.
Soo I do a little research on the internet, and restar pushin the L button to take off the plugins and this time
I enter in 3.60 Enso. to make this more quicky I ended formating my internal SD card
The logo of enso keep appearing on my vita, I am stuck in Enso 3.60, Apperantly I keep my psn account intact.
but researching more, some people say, I cant update to enso 3.65 again or I will fuck up the vita internal partition.
I dont know what to do, someboy has some experiencie like this, any advice. I really appreciate.

Why you follow youtube video, youtube video contain a lot of mistake and tends to be outdated.

Reactions: Willhelm

Willhelm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you format the SD card for the SD2Vita as Fat32, 64kb cluster?

What you are using by the way Gamesd.skprx or StorageMgr.skprx?
I format the SD2Vita as a ExFat and the option "default allocation size"
and, actually I dont have any of that plugins installed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

stuck at ensou logo usually means that the sd2vita isn't making a good enough connection. eject, remove, then reinsert.
I already verify that.
I have 2 SD2Vita and one of them is brand new. :S

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, account (psn) information is in the system.dreg in the vd0 partition. the memory card is ux0.
Interesting, So I can backup only that file, and save always my psn information??

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/CelesteBlue-dev/PSVita-StorageMgr

Try this @Willhelm, using default cluster would just show available space mismatch between PC and PS Vita in the long term. If you already ran ZZblank on your SD card then you can try the StorageMgr, the line of StorageMgr.skprx goes under kernel. Also make sure you have no config.txt in ux0:tai.

Anyway I had to format my SD card an extra time before to get the correct amount of space to show on Vitashell/Molecular Shell and the PC. Not sure if it 64kb or 128kb. Should be 64kb.

Attachments

• IMG_20180909_133440.jpg
    IMG_20180909_133440.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 163
Last edited by Hayato213,

Willhelm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this @Willhelm, using default cluster would just show available space mismatch between PC and PS Vita in the long term. If you already ran ZZblank on your SD card then you can try the StorageMgr, the line of StorageMgr.skprx goes under kernel. Also make sure you have no config.txt in ux0:tai.[/QUOTE]
Super Interesting, I will consider to restore the sd and format in 64kb, thanks for tha advice.
I have a due, Let me confirm the infomartion, I leave the storeMgr.skprx in " Ur0:/tai/StorageMgr.skprx and modify the line in Ur0:/tai/config.txt and delete or edit the name of the config.txt file in Ux0"
I will try this when, I arrived to my home, I appreciate the advice.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this @Willhelm, using default cluster would just show available space mismatch between PC and PS Vita in the long term. If you already ran ZZblank on your SD card then you can try the StorageMgr, the line of StorageMgr.skprx goes under kernel. Also make sure you have no config.txt in ux0:tai.
Super Interesting, I will consider to restore the sd and format in 64kb, thanks for tha advice.
I have a due, Let me confirm the infomartion, I leave the storeMgr.skprx in " Ur0:/tai/StorageMgr.skprx and modify the line in Ur0:/tai/config.txt and delete or edit the name of the config.txt file in Ux0"
I will try this when, I arrived to my home, I appreciate the advice.[/QUOTE]

There should no config.txt file in ux0:tai, if there is one it ignore the one in ur0:tai. So if there was on in ux0:tai delete it, as for cluster you can worry that later once you can get the SD2Vita working, might need to reseat the SD2Vita like @godreborn suggested.

Willhelm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try this when, I arrived to my home, I appreciate the advice.

There should no config.txt file in ux0:tai, if there is one it ignore the one in ur0:tai. So if there was on in ux0:tai delete it, as for cluster you can worry that later once you can get the SD2Vita working, might need to reseat the SD2Vita like @godreborn suggested.[/QUOTE]

Great, I will do the change, and update the thread later.
Thanks @Hayato213 and @godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte