Homebrew Trying to Update Japanese Game on U.S. N3DS

The Crane Game

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to dig around and I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask:
After using Ironhax, I Amazon Prime'd One Piece Super Grand Battle X. I like it lot, actually! But it needs an update to play online, and most importantly, use amiibos to get goofy costumes. I don't speak a lick of Japanese, but there's some kind of update in the file select menu at the beginning. Unfortunately, it doesn't download the update so I can't do any of that extra stuff I'd like.

Now I know Ironhax doesn't touch the NAND and doesn't mess with a lot of things that the cards can, but I'm still holding out some sort of hope since region unlocking is a thing in the first place. Is there a way to update this game, whether it's slapping the update on my SD card and doing some magic, or some other way?

Kinda guessing no, but here's hoping! Thanks in advance!

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you're above 9.2, then no. You can't access the correct eShop region and you can't install any CIAs so no way to install the update manually.

The Crane Game

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I'm hosed, but let me ask you guys this: is there any possibility of this being cracked in the future, also I didn't think you could do anything with CIAs with Ironhax?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Looks like I'm hosed, but let me ask you guys this: is there any possibility of this being cracked in the future, also I didn't think you could do anything with CIAs with Ironhax?

There's always the possibility if any exploits are found. But no way to give any guarantees it will actually happen or when.

And no, you can't do anything with CIAs with Ironhax.

The Crane Game

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always the possibility if any exploits are found. But no way to give any guarantees it will actually happen or when.

And no, you can't do anything with CIAs with Ironhax.

Ah, that's what I figured. Sucks to suck! But at least I can still play the game. Thanks!

Roto Prime Ender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to do this with Xenoblade USA on my Japanese 3DS -____- I was guessing if I could copy the folder from the USA 3DS update DATA to the JAPANESE 3DS FOLDER, but good luck guessing that file name ;____;

The Crane Game

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to do this with Xenoblade USA on my Japanese 3DS -____- I was guessing if I could copy the folder from the USA 3DS update DATA to the JAPANESE 3DS FOLDER, but good luck guessing that file name ;____;
In a perfect world, it'd be that easy, but I'm pretty sure there's some authentication the update has to go through to work. Plus, I'm sure something has to be wrote to the System NAND.

Roto Prime Ender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a perfect world, it'd be that easy, but I'm pretty sure there's some authentication the update has to go through to work. Plus, I'm sure something has to be wrote to the System NAND.
True, true, How I miss the simpler days of the Nintendo DS, region free and all the perks! I miss the era before major internet requirement.....

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

that would never work. even if you copied the files over, the update itself needs to be installed properly, as in via a CIA or via the eShop for it to work in the first place.

I have found it easier to use a separate 3DS on 9.0 for out of region games as I can install updates to those games via FBI manager and run the games as digital versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1