Hacking Trying to understand Mandarin Chinese

oneball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I post this question I am reading the stickies at the top to get a better handle on usb loaders. Just wanted to make sure I am going in the right direction in what I am trying to accomplish. I would like to run the Wii games I own off a newly purchased portable hard drive.I currently have the following items/setup:

- A 3 year old Wii w/ Ver.4.1U (updated to this version then stopped updatting)

-The Homebrew Channel v.1.0.6 installed using bannerbomb a while back.On a side noted loaded up HBC today (it's been a few months) and it asked if I wanted to update to v1.0.8...would it be wise to update before or after getting a usb loader working?

- Western Digital My Passport essential 320gb USB HD ($47 + tax @ Target..reviews said it sucks but what the hell)

I was looking at either Configurable USB Loader or WiiFlow...don't care if it's pretty or not as long as it works well/high compatibility/don't need an engineering degree to figure out. I started reading some guides but most are dated 2009 but imagine things change fast. Also some guides have the order of operations to install a usb loader then HBC so not sure if I screwed myself by installing HBC months back. Any help would be appreciated.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Download Hackmii installer 0.8
Use HBC to run the installer.
Install HBC 1.0.8
Download Configurable USB Loader
Extract Configurable USB Loader to app folder in your SD card
Run Configurable USB Loader from HBC

oneball

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I will try that but can't believe it would be that simple. Since I posted I have been reading and reading (oh and reading some more) my head feels like its about to pop. Things such as trucha bug restorer, cIOS38, hermes, NUS downloader and all other sorts of weird sh*t. And every how to gives either ambiguous directions or unrelated steps (from one guide to the next) are given. If someone could just point me to the guide that you used when trying to install a USB loader and HD on a Wii w/ HBC 1.0.8 installed and system menu 4.1U. Damn I should of just remained happy with running NES games through HBC
wink.gif

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
trumpet-205 said:
Download Hackmii installer 0.8
Use HBC to run the installer.
Install HBC 1.0.8
Download Configurable USB Loader
Extract Configurable USB Loader to app folder in your SD card
Run Configurable USB Loader from HBC
You're forgetting cios 249, which goes before the loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM