Gaming Trying to unbrick my psp

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK I have 2 problems here with my PSP, it got bricked while installing a custom flash theme and to boot my Pandora battery seemed to had died. So I bought a new one, the 2in1 kind. I let it charge for a bit and then I put in my mms then held th L trigger and put in my new pandora battery.

Instead of it booting up and giving me options to install cfw, its just a blank screen with the green power light constantly blinking

all I want to do is unbrick it, but how do I do it?

That's just problem one.

The other problem is that idk why but my psp doesn't even turn on the green light blinks for half a second and turns off, and this with and without the psp plugged into the charger

BTW. I have a Phat PSP 1001 don't know the mobo serial though

anyone have any recommendations for a good mms maker?

DarianX94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First you have to re-make you magic memory stick. I personally use PSP Grader (V.8).
When you download it, it will make your magic memory stick automatically.
After it is made put your magic memory stick in you PSP and hold the power switch up and hold the L trigger at the same time until the screen displays install options.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a different memory card, format it, then use psp grader...If your geting the black screen but nothing else then the pandora is doing its job, it just can't find the files on your card

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Holding L and inserting the Pandora, resulting in the light blinking green means it IS working (the Pandora), but your MMS does not have the files it needs. With a good Memory Stick, put it into a working PSP (I think it HAS to be a PSP, as IPL injection WOULD NOT WORK with my Memory Stick reader), turn on the PSP, go to USB Mode, and then use Rain's Ultra Lite MMS Maker. Once you got a MMS, turn off the PSP, take out your good battery, and put in a Pandora, holding L, and it should work.

EDIT: Or, depending on how you were installing the new custom theme, try going to your CFW's recovery menu (if there is one) and format your flash1.

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skyline969 said:
Holding L and inserting the Pandora, resulting in the light blinking green means it IS working (the Pandora), but your MMS does not have the files it needs. With a good Memory Stick, put it into a working PSP (I think it HAS to be a PSP, as IPL injection WOULD NOT WORK with my Memory Stick reader), turn on the PSP, go to USB Mode, and then use Rain's Ultra Lite MMS Maker. Once you got a MMS, turn off the PSP, take out your good battery, and put in a Pandora, holding L, and it should work.

EDIT: Or, depending on how you were installing the new custom theme, try going to your CFW's recovery menu (if there is one) and format your flash1.

thing is I can't access the recovery menu cause I have no cfw installed because its a brick right. I made the MMS using Rains MMS, and I did that whole "put in MMS, hold L and then put in Pandora" process at least 5 time tonight already and it doesn't work at all only the green light blinks every second (not constant)

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what Skyline meant, was if you had cfw installed. Then you should be able to acess the built-in recovery mode. Put your normal battery in the psp, then hold L while you power on. If its not too f'd up, you should be in the recovery mode, and from there you could format flash, or launch other tools off the memory stick.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
foxgrey said:
I think what Skyline meant, was if you had cfw installed. Then you should be able to acess the built-in recovery mode. Put your normal battery in the psp, then hold L while you power on. If its not too f'd up, you should be in the recovery mode, and from there you could format flash, or launch other tools off the memory stick.
R not L for cfw recovery mode.

Uh were you installing it to the flash0? Or was this a .ctf theme if that even makes a difference.
Even if you brick your psp the recovery menu still should work.

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BoxShot said:
foxgrey said:
R not L for cfw recovery mode.

Uh were you installing it to the flash0? Or was this a .ctf theme if that even makes a difference.
Even if you brick your psp the recovery menu still should work.

flash0 resource/module/vsh deal. Strange thing is I've recovered from that same problem once before. Its just that how this got past me, I have no clue

kingkonghong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a pandora battery

Google for psp brick fix files

put the files in the memory stick

search mms maker

make a mms

put the mms in the psp

take out all power sources from the psp

put in the pandora and hold L

turn it on and it should go to pandora menu

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kingkonghong said:
Get a pandora battery

search mms maker

make a mms

put the mms in the psp

I did all that and still nothing worked

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maverick_z said:
fkw12 said:
May I carefully suggest that you buy another brand new PSP and this time don't ____ with it?

I carefully suggest if you don't have anything good to say get out of here

This. That post was just trolling and not at all helpful.

QUOTE(kingkonghong @ Jan 22 2010, 09:58 AM)
Get a pandora battery He already has one.

search mms maker

make a mms Making an MMS may sometimes require a format, so putting files on beforehand is probably redundant.

put the mms in the psp

When flashing my PSP, PSPgrader was just fine, though I haven't used UltraLite. Have you had a chance to try charging your pandora battery?

(This was being compiled before you posted, so it might have suggestions you've already tried).

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ProtoKun7 said:
Maverick_z said:
fkw12 said:
May I carefully suggest that you buy another brand new PSP and this time don't ____ with it?

I carefully suggest if you don't have anything good to say get out of here
This. That post was just trolling and not at all helpful.

heh xD
I figured if he is rich enough to even afford a 2nd PSP in the first place just because the 1st one was bricked, then he must have enough dough to afford a 3rd one

y'know, figured he was one of those rich kids yeah?

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
deanxxczx said:
You figured wrong...

Just because he has 2 PSPs doesn't mean he is rich...

he might be rich in real life we will never know unless we see for ourselves xD

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aren't there limitations on the types of memory cards you can use for an MMS? Size, MagicGate, things like that? I might be completely wrong, it's happened before, but what memory card have you got?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte