trying to track down an anime

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by sphere9, Jul 3, 2009.

Jul 3, 2009

trying to track down an anime by sphere9 at 12:22 PM (1,006 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. sphere9
    OP

Member sphere9 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    now i can't remember too much about it but here goes;

it may have been in the trailers at the start of the neon genesis evangelion vhs... but i'm not too sure, i have seen it in the trailers at the start of a vhs though (this is going back about 8 years though)

all i can remember from the trailer is:

boats at sea, something really pointy like a monster or something, a girl and a hell of a lot of blood.

the art style was hell gritty and the video was very graphic and disturbing (at least at the time it was)

i can't remember any narration in it, just music.

any ideas?

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Well, can't you remember anything else? Like what kind of music?

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Neon Genesis Evangelion (*spits*) was ADV films and/or MANGA which means that one is probably not going to happen (not sure about the state of play for "R4" anime back in the days of VHS but I am guessing it was much like Europe with import or nothing).

Looking it up it did appear in Australia under Madman Entertainment though but that is not all that much better. Note if you are going to look up companies most sites (including those below) will have about 7 entries for whatever reason.

Art style being gritty is par for the course in the realms of 90's (or earlier) VHS anime.

Unfortunately you are far too vague for me so I will have to link up 3 decent search engines and/or encyclopaedias:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com
    http://www.absoluteanime.com
    http://www.animenfo.com/search.php

It might also be worth looking up a bunch of "top 10 horror/thriller/monsters/fantasy anime" lists, whether it is cynical or not to think as such most anime that fills those lists was licensed to one of the above companies and some point.

4. Yukito

Newcomer Yukito Advanced Member

France
    Would be easier for us if you could describe at least one character (that girl for example)

As for me I also have a request, I wanna know what anime/game/whatever this comes from :
    [​IMG]

5. sphere9
    OP

Australia
    well i can't remember anything about the music or the girl... but she looked like some sort of ancient princess maybe?

6. sphere9
    OP

Australia
    First thing that came to mind was Magic Knight Rayearth, but that can't be right.

7. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Oh dear those girls might attract Doki loving pervs, not only that but I have a bad feeling about what anime genre they come from.

8. sphere9
    OP

Australia
    Agreed.

9. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Magic Knight Rayearth, you say?

*Checks pr0n sites*

[​IMG]

And you bumped an OLD thread (even though it it's yours, you shouldn't do it)