Trying to set up a wireless adapter on Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by proctology, Jan 24, 2012.

1. proctology
    OP

Newcomer proctology Member

United States
    My friend just gave me his old wireless adapter that was designed for the original Xbox. Apparently it's also possible to use it on the 360, but I'm not having much luck. It's a D-Link DWL-810+. I connected it to my laptop and configured it according to the manual I found, but the 360 doesn't detect any wireless adapter. Does anyone know how to set it up properly with a 360? Thanks.

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    it wont detect a wireless adapter since the connection is wired

3. proctology
    OP

United States
    Ahh, okay, thanks. Under wired connection (which I had assumed was just the old network bridge settings I had), it tries but can't connect to the network for some reason. Do you have any ideas of what I should try?

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    have you tried it on a laptop (or desktop, thats not connected to a wireless network) to confirm the d-link adapter can access the internet?

5. proctology
    OP

United States
    Upon trying, I was able to find another version of the manual which was much more helpful. I applied the correct settings, and now it's working just fine. Thanks!