1. JagstaNL

OP JagstaNL Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys,

I need some major help. Got a used switch off eBay that would show the Nintendo logo and goto a blank screen. Battery charges and all hardware seems ok upon dissambly and testing with multimeter. However, I can get into RCM and I can load basic Hekate but no CFW as it just goes to black screen after showing the atmosphere logo.

I concluded the previous owner must of soft-bricked the switch, so I decided to try restore the nand from scratch using the sdsetup guide (manualchoiupgrade guide). Everything went fine until I got to step 7 where you use HacDiskMount to transfer BCPKG92 images to the switch. When I try to open the physical drive in HacDiskMount I get the following error: Invalid CRC in secondary GPT (and primary is corrupt). See attached image for more detail. I tried using gptrestore tool. It all works fine and complete but I have the same issue.

I searched but I cannot find anyone who has encountered this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated!

NsGptError.JPG

2. JagstaNL

OP JagstaNL Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I want to add that I can use the HacDiskMount to successfully explore my rawnand.bin file on my local disk that I backed up before starting the guide, not sure if that provides any more clues but thought I would throw it out there.

NSGptNandBackup.JPG

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  3. JagstaNL

OP JagstaNL Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I was able to fix this by restoring my emmc rawnand.bin. I then completed the guide but unfortunately, I still can't boot into anything other than basic hekate. NYX still goes black after that initial screen and it also still goes black after the "Nintendo" logo screen. I'm guessing it must be a hardware issue? Maybe I should try to load linux and see if that can work to rule out hardware?

4. JagstaNL

OP JagstaNL Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    OK I think I got it figured - too bad I wasted time rebuilding the nand but it turned out the game card i/o board was causing the issue. I loaded ubuntu and I couldn't get any input from the touchscreen which led me to break it down and remove all the way down to the lcd screen ribbon cable. Used some compressed air to clean the connections and re-assembled. Ubuntu touch input was working so reloaded my sdcard for the nand rebuild and I can now get into the GUI for everything. Just wanted to update this thread in case anyone runs into this issue in the future.

Edit - and was just able to successfully boot into the switch os.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Quck question - my fuse count is 11, so what firmware should my system be on so I can boot ofw?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - HacDiskMount, restore, scratch