Trying to remember the title of a Gameboy Game

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Bluntsly, Aug 31, 2008.

Aug 31, 2008
  1. Bluntsly
    OP

Newcomer Bluntsly Member

Canada
    Just a heads up, this description is based on the memories I have of the game from eleven years ago, when I was eight years old.. So some of them may infact be inaccurate, or vague, or right on the money..

This is a long shot, I have asked on forums before with no luck at all. Anyways.. I'll try to give as much detail as I can, however if some detail is incorrect for the game you think it might be, please dont hesitate to shoot out any ideas as Im really grasping at straws here.

I remember it was definatly japanese themed, I'm thinking the title was not english but I could be wrong. It was an.. upscroller?... a la 1942 I guess, except you had a party of characters that you would pick before the level and you would pick their formation. I kind of remember being able to shop for items at the end of each level. I dont remember much more about the gameplay.. One of the characters had a coolie hat. It was for the original gameboy. I picked it up randomly at microplay and have never heard or seen anyting of it since. Any help trying to figure out what this game is would be extremely appreciated, I remember loving it and would be extatic to try it once more.

If you have any questions that might help you figure out the game, by all means....

Thanks for taking the time to read my long winded description, everyone, cheers!

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  3. Bluntsly
    OP

Newcomer Bluntsly Member

Canada
    Oh man!!!! It was mercenary force. THANK YOU!!!!

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    lol i played this game on the psp and it was not very good :S

5. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    I've played it too and I remembered the box art...I dont think he was wanting the name of the game cause it was good, probably for nostalgia's sake...or so I would hope [​IMG]

6. Bluntsly
    OP

Newcomer Bluntsly Member

Canada
    Haha I remember enjoying it when I was eight, but correct it is for nostalgia.

7. Jordan10la

Member Jordan10la GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ah, nostalgia goggles
    [​IMG]

8. KittyGirlDS

Newcomer KittyGirlDS Newbie

United States
    Ooh, sign me up for one of those goggles, I want to play some Jet Grind Radio for DC!

9. santorix10

Member santorix10 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    *hooks up the NES*

10. Vextroid

Newcomer Vextroid Newbie

Australia
    Ha! I still have the original cart of this game! [​IMG]

Yeah this game is fun but hard to. I just use 1 ninja and max out his health at the Health shops.