Trying to remember an arcade fighting game from the 90's

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by optimus primal, May 16, 2015.

1. optimus primal
    OP

optimus primal Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2015
    United States
    Standard coin-op machine, and all you had was a fast jab and power punch buttons, and a joy stick. It was a tournament style (start at the bottom and work your way up to the boss) always the same order of fighters. All Asian characters, main guy wore blue pants and had taped up fists, no shirt and slicked back black hair. Graphics were 2D and it took place in a junk yard. 1 guy you fought was a fat sumo wrestler who got real mad at turned red and charged you. Another guy was a kung-fu master doing hurricane kicks all over the place. The boss was an older version of the main character with silver pants.

I can't remember the name for anything, but I'll know it when I see a screenshot from the game. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, and I really don't know where to search on the interwebs for something like this. Any input is much appreciated.

2. AaronUzumaki

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    Maybe "Art of Fighting," the SNK game?

3. JLsoft

JLsoft The Joystick Lunatic

Newcomer
    May 10, 2006
    United States
    Kageki? :D

4. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Grab the in-game snaps and scroll through them. Then Google the filename minus the extension and you got your game.

5. optimus primal
    OP

optimus primal Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2015
    United States
    That is it! Thanks!! :toot:

6. Hungry Friend

Hungry Friend It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Apr 16, 2015
    United States
    Looks like a Japanese version of Pit Fighter with super deformed sprites :lol: