Trying to play Wii ISO's with trouble HELP!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Logik287, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Logik287
    OP

Logik287 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2014
    Canada
    Hey everyone, Im currently trying to run wii Iso's following this guide http://www.instructables.com/id/Run-Backups-on-any-Wii-Without-a-Modchip-Updated/?ALLSTEPS.

I have homebrew installed and use it successfully to play Nes Snes and Genesis roms. Just discovered i can play wii ISO's aswell so I'm super excited but having problems. I try to run the CIOs Rev 14 installer. to install ios36 and get Error Code:ret= -2011

from what ive found i need to then run the trucha bug restorer. When i try to run this restorer following the guide I get an error message when at the very first step trying to downgrade to Ios15.

"Error: ES_AddtitleStart returned -1013, maybe you need an upgraded downgrader

Error: Could not set the revision to 0
    Downgrade failed"

Just seem to have troubles at every turn, I'd reeeally appreciate some help from anyone that can offer it, thanks!!

2. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    The cIOS rev 14 isn't being used as far as I'm aware of; you could try downloading Modmii to fix these issues. And then if you still have trouble, then go ahead and post in that thread.

3. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Not sure if any ios installing is needed any more, but all you have to do now is install them by "wads".
    To play back ups you need the following

1. A usbloader (USBLoader GX, Cfg USBLoader, or Wiiflow)
    2. Your Wii iso or downloaded iso
    3. A Flash drive format to Fat32
    4. WiiGameManager, a iso to wbfs tool ( download link - www.wiigm.com - )

Install a usbloader of your choice

Open up the tool you wiigame manager and find the folder you have the iso(s) in.

Right click on the iso and select convert to wbfs, wait till process is done.

Make a folder on the root of your Flash drive called "wbfs" and dragg the converted wbfs file in that folder.

Go to your Wii and run the usbloader while having your Flash drive plugged into the left side of the usb port.

When you load the app you should see your game there but with out a game case cover, you can download them from the options.

Click on the game and select start, you should be able to play those games now.

P.s use moddmii to download those ios's or cios's that you need.

4. Logik287
    OP

Logik287 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2014
    Canada
    Hey Guys, i was able to get it all figure outwith ModMii and USB loader thanks a ton for both your help!!!