Hacking Trying to play .wad (VC, wii-ware..) from external hard drive

YIth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've spent probably 15 hours in the past two days trying to get this to work. I want to play .wad (Virtual Console, Wii-Ware etc) from my external 1TB toshiba (Partitioned 29gb as fat 32 with 32kb size and it's primary and marked as "active") with a modded 4.2 wii. I "re-did" my wii mod with the modmii installer/program so apparently all the IOS files are up to date / everything should be up to date and installed properly (according to modmii).

I have tried "sneek" as neek-di -- ultimately I just get a black screen when trying to boot it
I have tried usb loader gx (2.x I think) -- it won't find installed wads (that I installed with showmiiwads). I'm not sure if showmiiwads is even installing correctly (and it doesn't recognize/install all of my wads, only maybe a third), but I followed a guide and have used the nand dump from bootmii (unpacked with showmiiwads) and whichever the popular app is to dump the nand to an SD card, then put it on my HDD. (meaning I've tried both methods of getting a nand -- along with modmiis nand)

With the nand properly set up / with just using modmii to try to set it up (there weren't instructions on the sneek/e-nand process for modmii like there were for the regular wii hack) I CANNOT get game .wads to run from my hard drive.

The only success I've had is I was able to install a wad from USB Loader GX to the e-nand. I need to install an archive of .wads so that won't work for me (and most of the .wads wouldn't install this way anyway) and I don't know where it is actually installing the .wads.

I've searched/tried many different things for so many hours... I'm looking for an up-to-date process to be able to play an archive of wads (like 15gb worth) through an e-nand along with wii game back-ups (which already works from the hard drive).

So I just want to install my archive of .wads to a HDD and be able to play them on the wii without worrying about space/wii system limits.

Thanks for any help.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You Need USB Loader GX 3.0 or the beta revisions (visit the usbloader-gui google code) You need the latest d2x cIOS's. in GX- go to Settings. Go to the Custom Paths and set your EmuNand Channels path to your USB's dedicated EmuNAND Folder. You need to set the loader to display EmuNAND titles(button next to catagories on top bar of main usb loader menu)
After you set them visible, go to the settings and choose features. All the EmuNand stuff is there. You Need to dump your full NAND once. After that you can Install WADs directly (usually works) Some Games may reset to Wii Menu. For those. Install the wad to the NAND with a wad manager, then dump full nand again. If you have any dummy channels or crap dumped from real nand (wii shop, weather, news, ect) feel free to delete them. If a game freezes while you are playing-- then it's probably incompatable. Good Luck.

YIth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You Need USB Loader GX 3.0 or the beta revisions (visit the usbloader-gui google code) You need the latest d2x cIOS's. in GX- go to Settings. Go to the Custom Paths and set your EmuNand Channels path to your USB's dedicated EmuNAND Folder. You need to set the loader to display EmuNAND titles(button next to catagories on top bar of main usb loader menu)
After you set them visible, go to the settings and choose features. All the EmuNand stuff is there. You Need to dump your full NAND once. After that you can Install WADs directly (usually works) Some Games may reset to Wii Menu. For those. Install the wad to the NAND with a wad manager, then dump full nand again. If you have any dummy channels or crap dumped from real nand (wii shop, weather, news, ect) feel free to delete them. If a game freezes while you are playing-- then it's probably incompatable. Good Luck.

Ok, it looks like the nand dump from anything but usbloader won't work. Once I went into usb loader gx (3.0, not beta) (and installed all new v9 cios d2x) and changed the emu path to the hard drive (which it wasn't set to) and dumped the nand from USB Loader itself... it seems to recognize it.

I installed my .wads with showmiiwads to the e-nand, they all show up in usbloader, however, some hang (such as mario tennis 64).

-Is the ONLY way to fix this by installing the .wad to the real nand and then dumping the e-nand in usbloader again?

-If I do this, won't it erase all the games I have installed on the e-nand? (Doesn't usbloader overwrite everything when I dump the nand)?

-Will there be any fix for these games/is there a way to fix them with showmiiwads or some method on the PC?

-If not, is USB Loader the most compatible? Will another nand method be pretty much 100% compatible and run all of my .wads?

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended