Hacking Trying to Play Gamecube games in USB Loader GX via USB

NewbTube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi tempers.

I know there are a fair few threads on this topic but I'm not quite understanding the process.

What do I have to do to play GC games on usb loader gx?

I have ripped my personal collection of gc games using cleanrip 2.0.0

I understand I have to install a dios mios wad? What would be the latest revision or best wad to work with USB Loader GX?

Also what version of USB Loader GX must I use to play game cube files?

If anyone could provide links that would be awesome. Thanks guys!

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hi tempers.

I know there are a fair few threads on this topic but I'm not quite understanding the process.

What do I have to do to play GC games on usb loader gx?

I have ripped my personal collection of gc games using cleanrip 2.0.0

I understand I have to install a dios mios wad? What would be the latest revision or best wad to work with USB Loader GX?

Also what version of USB Loader GX must I use to play game cube files?

If anyone could provide links that would be awesome. Thanks guys!

Hey, don't use DIOS-MIOS it is now outdated crap, yet if you have original discs ripped with clean rip, then by all means use Devolution, as it's practically 100% compatible. I have a collection of over 30 originals working fine with it and it uses VMC (Virtual memory cards) for saves.

Remember this is only for original discs you own, as it has AP (Anti Piracy) built into the code, so downloaded isos will not work. Here is Devolution:-

http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/

On another note, "Nintendont" is shaping up very nicely and has no AP, so downloaded images will work. It's a alternative to Devolution, yet not so close to compatibility and still buggy, but give it time and it will probably surpass it.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how you think DM is outdated, considering it was updated in July to support Audio Streaming. http://crediar.no-ip.com/dwn.php

Anywho, I personally use DM and Nintendont, just bear in mind that the latter does not support read/write from a physical memory card. If I were you, I'd take a look at the compatibility pages for the two and determine which suits your needs better for the games you're going to be playing, and assign them as needed in your USB loader.

I don't use Devo at all personally, because I got tired of having to re-verify my discs after a new update was published (not that this would matter to a new user anyways. As I understand it the program is no longer being maintained)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse