ROM Hack Trying to navigate my 3DS folders on my PC

Rahuzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, an apology. I am new to this forum and am unfamiliar with all the rules, so if this does not belong here, please excuse me.

So here is the deal. I recently got a SD adapter so I can look through my files and use the APM MH4U save editor. The problem is that on top of not being able to understand what is what. All posts online mention finding a "user1" file and insist on using some software ON my 3ds. They say that it is a method to use if you don't want to put your SD card on your PC. I would prefer not to use homebrew or anything like that.

Finally my question. Is there a way that I can use the APM save editor without the use of homebrew and if so, then what do I do to find my "user1" file.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here's the problem. That "user1" file is part of your MH4U save file, and the only way to obtain/extract that save file is through the homebrew app SVDT or Save Manager. In other words, you'll need homebrew to access and edit your MH4U save file.

If it makes you feel better, I don't think homebrew is dangerous to your system in any way, since it currently has limited permissions in the 3DS.

Reactions: Deleted User

Rahuzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's a shame. My worry is that my system will become bricked, but I guess that if I want to cheat, then the risk of a bricked system, shouldn't be too far off. Thank you for the quick reply.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think it really is possible to the brick the system with homebrew (at least with the limited permissions that it has currently). Here's a thread that asked for something similar, so I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First off, an apology. I am new to this forum and am unfamiliar with all the rules, so if this does not belong here, please excuse me.

So here is the deal. I recently got a SD adapter so I can look through my files and use the APM MH4U save editor. The problem is that on top of not being able to understand what is what. All posts online mention finding a "user1" file and insist on using some software ON my 3ds. They say that it is a method to use if you don't want to put your SD card on your PC. I would prefer not to use homebrew or anything like that.

Finally my question. Is there a way that I can use the APM save editor without the use of homebrew and if so, then what do I do to find my "user1" file.
Dont worry one bit. Homebrew is in ARM11 and ARM11 is what you normaly have, you have as much perms as you have on the home menu so it does NO damage

Rahuzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the information. I have one last question. Am I able to get homebrew on my 3DS by using my PC. It seems that I should be able to download files and put it into my SD card. It seems from my research that any hac that is not ninjahax, has been patched.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your research is wrong then:
ninjhax isnt patched (cubic ninja)
oot3dhax isnt patched (ocerina of time 3ds)
smashhax isnt patched (linux + smash)
SmashHax is what i use and uses a PC to run, if you have a laptop like me thats easy to do, install e.g. ubuntu then install smashhax files and done
Look up a tutoral for each of they work on all versions of 3ds!

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ironhax is also an option, but only if you downloaded Ironfall before they patched it.
But to answer your question, yeah, you'll need a computer to put special files to allow the use of homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.