Gaming trying to install Xubuntu via Wubi

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just got a free computer from my brother (1GB RAM, 2.6GHz +200GB harddrive), and I wanted to install xubuntu on it. So I ran Wubi and it did it's stuff and installed it etc.

Now here's the problem, I reboot and boot into Xubuntu instead of windows and after doing a bit of installation the installation hangs on "laptop detect", I've tried googleing but have found nothing but the same bug report, can anyone help?

Also I'm now doing the installation myself instead of Wubi (burning my own CD) and it's downloading (will that help?)

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Should make a difference, Ive used wubi before and never had anything but issues with it so I tend to just make bootable usb's to install distro's now.

Let us know how you get on with a cd install and if the issues still exists ill do some research if it does

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been in town all day so I haven't been able to respond.

It seems that finding a free isoburner is a pain, I found a good guide on installing using a USB drive so that should be OK, I'll tell you when I'm done

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.