Hacking Trying to install homebrew, having some problems!

irhxcbcziuzxs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I am trying to use bannerbomb to install homebrew on my Wii system menu 3.2

Here is what I have done so far...

Inserted a 32MB Fat formated SD card and put in the instructed private folder, and the boot.elf from hackmii installer on the card. When I put it in the Wii, through channels, SD card. It recognizes the card but doesnt freeze or pop up with any message it just says, ### blocks free and has blank chanel windows.

I have tried all the alterinative private folders, but this keeps happening, any suggestions?

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Bannerbomb comes in/with a "private" folder that you just copy to the SD card. You shouldn't be moving it around anywhere. The boot.elf goes in the root of the card, so you should see both the private folder an the boot.elf on the same screen.

Also, the version on the main page is only for System Menus 4.2. You need to get an older version for 3.2, if you didn't already.

The only other thing I can think of is the fact that you're using a 32MB card. I thought SDHC wasn't supported until later System Menus (4.0 maybe??), but if you get a number of blocks free, that might not be it either.

Sorry if I'm just repeating stuff that you already knew and did. You weren't REALLY specific about some of the stuff, so I was just double checking.

irhxcbcziuzxs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep I copied the private folder to my SD card, there was not one there originally so I didn't have to rename anything.

My card looks like this right now

Private
boot.elf

I am using the bannerbomb compatible with Wii Menu version 3.0 - 4.1

SDHC isn't supported until later system menu's but this is just a small SD card, its not SDHC as far as I know?

@Nitrostemp - I have tried all the versions they have available but the same things keeps happening.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mvgc3 said:
I think Bannerbomb comes in/with a "private" folder that you just copy to the SD card. You shouldn't be moving it around anywhere. The boot.elf goes in the root of the card, so you should see both the private folder an the boot.elf on the same screen.

Also, the version on the main page is only for System Menus 4.2. You need to get an older version for 3.2, if you didn't already.

The only other thing I can think of is the fact that you're using a 32MB card. I thought SDHC wasn't supported until later System Menus (4.0 maybe??), but if you get a number of blocks free, that might not be it either.

Sorry if I'm just repeating stuff that you already knew and did. You weren't REALLY specific about some of the stuff, so I was just double checking.

You're confusing 32mb with 32gb.

To the topic starter: You should really consider buying a higher capacity SD card. 2GB sandisks are cheap.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
irhxcbcziuzxs said:
Yep I copied the private folder to my SD card, there was not one there originally so I didn't have to rename anything.

My card looks like this right now

Private
boot.elf

I am using the bannerbomb compatible with Wii Menu version 3.0 - 4.1

SDHC isn't supported until later system menu's but this is just a small SD card, its not SDHC as far as I know?

@Nitrostemp - I have tried all the versions they have available but the same things keeps happening.

update to sysmenu 4.2 then

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harmor said:
You're confusing 32mb with 32gb.

To the topic starter: You should really consider buying a higher capacity SD card. 2GB sandisks are cheap.

You're absolutely right! I can't believe I did that!
wacko.gif

As for the problem at hand, I have no idea what's wrong. I think the best option is to do what nitrostemp suggested and update to 4.2.

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a little late now, seeing as how you already began updating, but sometimes a simple format of your SD card before copying files to it can clear these issues up.

eddiesook

Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed HBC1.06 on my Wii 3.2U yesterday using Bannerbomb without any issues.
Try another SD with larger capacity, as you may need to back up your Wii nand, which is strongly recommended.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night