Trying to install CFW on PSP 1000 with OFW 5.51

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Spartan117H3, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Spartan117H3
    OP

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there any way I can install CFW on a PSP 1000 OFW 5.51 without using a Pandora's battery? Something like Hellcat's flasher? I wasn't sure because he updated to 5.51 and I read somewhere that it blocks HEN.

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    No...a Pandora battery is mandatory for a PSP 1000 on 5.51.

3. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    Thanks, the best way is to buy one online right? If I'm correct, it's cheaper since batteries are a bit expensive and it prevents the risk of killing a battery and/or making it explode. I'm a bit confused about the memory stick part though. Do you need two memory sticks or just one? Just like how you have an official battery and a Pandora's battery? I assume you could keep the PreIPL on the same memory stick and use it for CFW and your files as long as you have enough space? Also, I've looked it up and found a site that tells you how to downgrade a 5.50 OFW, should it work the same way for 5.51? (Downgrade to 1.50, then upgrade to your CFW version)

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Any site that is new enough to include 5.50 but still tells you to downgrade to 1.50 is not somewhere that has the first clue what it's talking about. Make your MMS with one of the recent GUI's (for instance Rain's MMS maker) and go straight to 5.00M33-4. You only need one battery in reality, but since you need a Pandora you'll end up with two. You really do only need one Memory Stick though, although if you're making a MMS i'd suggest a 4Gb Sandisk.

5. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    Oh, I misread it, too much googling T_T. Yeah I had two windows open with the same forums on it and yeah anywas, why 4GB? How much memory does it need for the files? I believe it was 256-1GB or something like that.

6. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    At least 128MB, I think. Not sure for a Phat, but I think that's what it was for a Slim because it had to back up a 66MB NAND.

But once CFW is installed, you can reformat it and just use it for your games. 4GB is probably recommended because there are quite a few large games, and you'll probably want to have more than 4 or 5 on your card at a time.

7. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    Oh yeah, I know about that, games are usually 0.9 GB in CSO format, well the bigger ones anyway.