Hacking Trying to get uneek+di working

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've used Modmii v4.5.3 to take me through the steps for uneek+di. Copied the files across to my SD and USB. All that happens when using switch2uneek and using the defaults is that is says it's moving 4 files/folders can't remember which. Then my HDD light goes out and the whole thing seems to lock up. The only way out is to reset my wii and remove the bootmii folder from the SD.

In Modmii, I just used the defaults for setting uneek+di up.

Any thoughts?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Have you checked your file/folder structure for switch2uneek? I have probs (not sure if they still remain) with Modmii NANDs so I ended up extracting a real NAND with Showmiiwads. IIRC you need to have sd:/nands/sm4.2 (or whatever) with you NAND dump folders inside. You could try an extracted NAND rather than a Virgin one

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@bazamuffin, I'll give that a go...

@diddy81, Ahh, that might be the problem. I have two partitions. One has my ps2 games, and the other the wii games. I might have to go back to them sharing the same space.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
wiimanofthenorth said:
@bazamuffin, I'll give that a go...

@diddy81, Ahh, that might be the problem. I have two partitions. One has my ps2 games, and the other the wii games. I might have to go back to them sharing the same space.

You have extracted game(s) in USB:/games/game name don't you?

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, converted a game... now the wii drive is just sat flashing, about once a second. I guess I'm gonna have to mess about building my own nand.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
diddy81 said:
any of the sneek + di need at least one game installed on the hdd to work

use the game extracter in modmii

The question was about Uneek+di ( is it really needed to have at least one game installed? )

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
The first time u boot into an emulated nand it could take 5-10 minutes for it to load the menu. During this time u will see a blackscreen, but there should still be activity on your external harddrive. You probably just need to wait longer.

OK I'll try again...

It just says it's copied some files back and forth on the usb drive. Flashing wii drive, no complete blank screen. I'll leave it for 15mins, and see what happens.

My USB drive light does stay on now though. Sadly my drive is the sort that will sleep after a while. I hope that doesn't mess things up. I can't stop it from going to sleep either. It's not one of the WD drives where I can turn sleep mode off.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
I believe sneek+di and uneek+di both require a game saved to the hard drive in order to run properly (at least that's what I've read)... but I don't think I've ever personally tried it without a game to say for certain

I'll test...( rename the games folder, and deleting di config. )

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wiimanofthenorth said:
XFlak said:
The first time u boot into an emulated nand it could take 5-10 minutes for it to load the menu. During this time u will see a blackscreen, but there should still be activity on your external harddrive. You probably just need to wait longer.
OK I'll try again...

It just says it's copied some files back and forth on the usb drive. Flashing wii drive, no complete blank screen. I'll leave it for 15mins, and see what happens.

My USB drive light does stay on now though. Sadly my drive is the sort that will sleep after a while. I hope that doesn't mess things up. I can't stop it from going to sleep either. It's not one of the WD drives where I can turn sleep mode off.
When your screen goes black, is there activity on your hard drive? It shouldn't go to sleep as long as there's activity, so I doubt a sleep timer is your issue (if anything, more likely just an incompatible hard drive). Note that HDD activity is usually indicated by a flashing light on your hard drive, not a solid light (which generally just indicates power)... but this might not be the case for all hard drives, just most of them.

FYI, I've read somewhere on gbatemp you can use Ashampoo-HDD-Control to adjust the power management (ie. sleep timer) of hard drives that don't come with their own proprietary software with options to do it for you. I've never had to use it myself (I only deal with Seagate or WD drives), but you can download it for free from the following link, then install it and load up your hard drive and see if you can adjust it's power settings and disable its sleep timer.

http://download.cnet.com/Ashampoo-HDD-Cont...4-10929035.html

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've left it for 15 mins... nothing new. HDD light stays constant, wii drive light blinks every second. Nothing changes on screen. Just that sub-folders were copied about.

@XFlak - The light on my drive just stays on, but normally flickers when in use. At the start of all this, the HDD light went off and stayed off, until I turned it off and back on again.

I guess it's time to try creating my own nand for it. I already have my boot2 nand waiting on a different sd card.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Occasionally, this same thing would happen to me (but very rarely, only happened to me once). All I did was power off the wii and power it back on (booting into uneek since my wii has bootmii installed @ boot2), and it worked. I guess for some reason my hard drive spun down before it finished expanding the minimal emunand files\folders but when I restarted it, it picked up where it left off.

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I turned the wii back on. Straight back into the blue flashing wii drive. Nothing seems to be happening on my HDD though. It's still just sat there waiting to be told to do something.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work for a one time boot. UNEEK+DI loaded just fine when I plugged everything in and turned it on. just as I expected the setup screen came up. I took care of all that and then I setup priiloader and started playing Deadrising I turned the wii Off Red light. and went to turn it back on and the light went green to yellow and that was that. any ideas what could have gone wrong?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Try deleting the config files saved to your sneek folder (ie. diconfig.bin) and try again.

It's also possible that if u have wiiconnect24 enabled, it could be causing this issue. I remember having a similar issue on my real nand, but I think it was a combination of an older version of priiloader with having wiiconnect24 enabled... honestly though, this was so long ago that I could be mistaken on the details.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"