Hacking Trying to get uneek+di working

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
FYI, I've read somewhere on gbatemp you can use Ashampoo-HDD-Control to adjust the power management (ie. sleep timer) of hard drives that don't come with their own proprietary software with options to do it for you. I've never had to use it myself (I only deal with Seagate or WD drives), but you can download it for free from the following link, then install it and load up your hard drive and see if you can adjust it's power settings and disable its sleep timer.

http://download.cnet.com/Ashampoo-HDD-Cont...4-10929035.html

Thanks for this tip. It worked first time on my drive! You might want to add it as a hint in your modmii? I left the drive for over 30mins, normally spud down after 10mins. Left it longer, just to make sure. The drive was still spinning. I know, because the file explorer on the wii found the sd card and the usb drive. Normally I have to load it twice for the usb to be spun up from the first try.

yaywii.gif

QUOTE(XFlak @ Apr 15 2011, 08:50 PM) Try deleting the config files saved to your sneek folder (ie. diconfig.bin) and try again.

It's also possible that if u have wiiconnect24 enabled, it could be causing this issue. I remember having a similar issue on my real nand, but I think it was a combination of an older version of priiloader with having wiiconnect24 enabled... honestly though, this was so long ago that I could be mistaken on the details.

OK tried that, now it didn't says it was copying subfolders back from the usb: only from the nands to usb:, but it still just sits there. I'll try tomorrow with wiiconnect24 turned off. I've had enough of this today. Was suppose to be my day off! lol

I get enough of messing around with computers at work!

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear you thanks for the tip Xflak I'll give it a shot after I disable Wii connect24 on my real nand quick. I don't use priiloader on real nand as I've got the hacks I need patched right into the system menu.

I don't know what went wrong with it to begin with but it boots just fine after deleting the Config file.....

Ok now It refuses to boot the game and just flashes a blue light.....

Ok and now a reboot results in crash... must not be saving the config right or something.... I'll have to check the gecko output.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Occasionally, this same thing would happen to me (but very rarely, only happened to me once). All I did was power off the wii and power it back on (booting into uneek since my wii has bootmii installed @ boot2), and it worked. I guess for some reason my hard drive spun down before it finished expanding the minimal emunand files\folders but when I restarted it, it picked up where it left off.

@xflak
when s/uneek turn off like you were saying its because something in memory didnt match what it was suppose to

happens on my hd everytime i change from 1 wii to the other'
sd card to for sneek

well i think that is what is happening????????
just figured i would let you know......
scooby

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
OK tried that, now it didn't says it was copying subfolders back from the usb: only from the nands to usb:, but it still just sits there. I'll try tomorrow with wiiconnect24 turned off. I've had enough of this today. Was suppose to be my day off! lol

Hmm, I had that issue before....

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I deleted everything to do with uneek+di on both the sd and usb. Turned wiiconnect24 off, copied everything back over again.

Just the same as before. I guess it's time to try my own nand.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
wiimanofthenorth said:
Well, I deleted everything to do with uneek+di on both the sd and usb. Turned wiiconnect24 off, copied everything back over again.

Just the same as before. I guess it's time to try my own nand.

Thatswhat I did mate, then it worked no prob

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried using the showmiiwads program. 32bit and 64bit but they both just crash on me, after I select my nand. no idea what's up now.

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was able to find the correct one in the end. There's another with that name too. (I got the guy with the dancing cow's version)

It falls over at "title/00010000/53525150/data/79.H>C"

EDIT: I also looked at the info for boot2, it shows me this...

Is that normal?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's normal you have multiple copies of boot2. In case there is a problem with the hash of one of them, boot1 will choose one of the other copies.
The install of bootmii as boot2 only changes one of the boot2 copies.

Basically, there are 4 things that can go wrong with a uneek + di setup:

1. Your sd card isn't recognised by the bootmii. In that case, it should simply load your real nand.
2. Your version of kernel.bin or di.bin isn't working right. As you are using a downloaded version, it should be fine.

3. Your extracted nand image for uneek+di isn't good.
This one is tricky. Some priiloader versions for instance can mess things up, specially if you have some of the patches enabled.
The reason is probably uneek+di is patching the same menu as well.
I also know that the di only used to work on the 4.2 system menu, but
now I read that people are using the 4.3. I am a little confused here, but I am sure some people reading this will flame me and correct things, so,
no problemo.
As suggested already, you could try to create your own nand, using a backup created with bootmii.

4. Your harddisk isn't recognised by the uneek FS-usb driver. Before you tell me that you use it all the time with usbloaders and the hbc, you need to know that harddisk compatibility is a serious issue with the wii. The hbc 1.0.8 uses ios58 that has a buildin ehci (usb2.0) driver.
Some cios replace the usb 1.1 driver with an ehci module. Uneek also has an ehci driver embedded in the FS-usb module.
A lot of programs have tweaks in their ehci driver to make it more compatible with different drives. Some have retries buildin and that sort of stuff.
I am not saying that the uneek FS-usb module isn't having it, but I know for sure some drives work with application A and not with application B which can be very fustrating.

I would suggest you try to get sneek running first (nand on sd instead of usb). If you get that one running, it will prove that your nand extract used for s(u)neek is working as expected. After that, you can copy the nand folders to your usb drive and proceed with uneek.

Also note that the program you are using to launch uneek + di doesn't do much more than copiing the uneek armboot.bin to the sd card bootmii folder, and copiing the nand folders from a subfolder on your usb drive to the root of your usb drive, so that you have a workable setup to boot into uneek + di.
After that, the wii is rebooted. If you uninstall the uneek+di startup, the original armboot.bin and ppcboot.??? from the bootmii program are copied again to the sd card bootmii folder.

Your hang is probably happening after the wii reboot. You will have either problem 3 or 4.

As long as you havn't tested the sneek setup, you only can verify if it's problem 4 with the debug output of an usb gecko.
If it should boot into uneek(+di) and you hardly see any harddisk activity, it's no good. Also note that the harddisk should be fat32 formatted. I have no
experience what happens if your nand is not on the first fat 32 partition. I think it should be set active (bootable?) as well. Maybe it can be preceeded by a wbfs partition, but again, I don't know. My setup is one simple fat32 partition.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Some have said that adding a sys/cert.sys to a clean ModMii built emunand gets it to launch for them while others don't need to do this. If u r having trouble extracting your whole nand dump, just extract cert.sys and copy it to your ModMii built emunand and try again.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Also try this cos I had trouble getting uneek working. Eventually I used SM 4.2e and got SNEEK working. Once that was working I moved the emu nand files to my HDD and changed my SNEEK kernel.bin and di.bin for the UNEEK ones. Worked first time then after having failed various times trying to launch UNEEK+DI directly. Or maybe I'm just a noob
smile.gif

i.e. make sure your emu nand works first (via sneek) and once confirmed working move it to your HDD and use the uneek kernel.

Worked for me...(and also suggested by obcd above...great minds think alike
smile.gif
)

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, I'll give it all a go next week. Something's come up, so I'm far to busy this weekend to play about with the wii.

One problem I'm having though is that the extractor program is trying to put out a ">" which of course doesn't save under windows. (See post 31 I'm not sure how I can get past that. I don't really feel like uninstalling everything just to find the one wad or what ever that is causing that problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)