Trying to get SMB3 eReader levels to work...

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Schlupi, Jan 23, 2011.

Jan 23, 2011
  1. Schlupi
    OP

    Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2007
    Messages:
    3,985
    Location:
    Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
    Country:
    United States
    Ok. So I am trying to get the eReader levels to work on my EZ Flash 3 in 1.

    I would really like to play it on real hardware.

    I used GBAEXPloader to write the game and the save to the cart, but it keeps formatting my data saying it is corrupted. I tried SRAM patching, tried renaming to shorter file name, and a bunch of other crazy stuff...

    I am getting save from here, it is premade. It works on Gpsp Kai, and No$Gba.

    They need the PROPER bios for it to run, might the bios have something ot do with it not working on the EZ 3 in 1?

    Any help would be appreciated. I will add more info if needed.
     
  2. how_do_i_do_that

    Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    Messages:
    4,815
    Country:
    Antarctica
    SRAM patching is applied to use the rom to use SRAM formating.

    Your eReader levels are put into a save file in EEPROM formated save. You have to use the SRAM patched version in your ROM, then inject your eReader levels then extract it for use on exploader.

    Your doing things out of order and mixing things you shouldn't to get your errors.





    If you want to use the GBA Exploader's patched version, you will need to write the game to NOR and then dump it to a file with GBA backup tool. Then you can use No$gba to inject your eReader levels and export to file to use the with a 3in1.
     

Share This Page