ROM Hack trying to get smash bros neos to work along with smash selector I'm so lost..

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
help... I'm completely new to smash mods for 3DS. I've gotten mario kart 7 custom tracks to work that was an easy NTR plugin in comparison

I'm not sure how to use SaltySD... where exactly to put the files.

I have luma and CFW and all of that... but the neos tutorial is vague- I don't even know if neos 0.8 even works- 0.7 was 400mb yet 0.8 is way less... that might be because its missing custom music though

I'm lost on where to start... how does this work? and how can we get Neos to work?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help... I'm completely new to smash mods for 3DS. I've gotten mario kart 7 custom tracks to work that was an easy NTR plugin in comparison

I'm not sure how to use SaltySD... where exactly to put the files.

I have luma and CFW and all of that... but the neos tutorial is vague- I don't even know if neos 0.8 even works- 0.7 was 400mb yet 0.8 is way less... that might be because its missing custom music though

I'm lost on where to start... how does this work? and how can we get Neos to work?
If you install smash selector, it should install saltysd for you. Also music takes up a ton of space. Also the reason smash needs to use saltysd is because most of smash's files are compressed into 1 big file that can be extracted, but is hard to recompress. Saltysd forces the 3ds to load the unpacked files vs the one big packed one.

Reactions: Tac 21

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you so much...

well done devs. made it easier to use, easy to switch between regular and neos just by disabling SaltySD

if I want to install more mods to a create another folder in saltySD?

Reactions: Giodude

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you so much...

well done devs. made it easier to use, easy to switch between regular and neos just by disabling SaltySD

if I want to install more mods to a create another folder in saltySD?
Yup. Just put it in a folder next to where you put the 1st mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1