Trying to get GBA roms to work with Acekard + EZ Flash IV

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by cloudskipa, Jun 13, 2011.

1. cloudskipa
    OP

Newcomer cloudskipa Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    So I have a DSL and an Acekard 2i with a EZ Flash IV and was wondering how to get GBA Roms to work successfully in DS mode. I've looked around a bit but I couldn;t find anything specific to Acekard + EZFlash IV. If I put GBA ROM files on my Acekard SDHC when I tryto boot it I get a black screen and my EZ FLash corrupts and I need to re-flash it everytime.

The only way I have got a game to work so far is b writing one game from the EZ Flash menu to the NOR and them booting that game in DS mode which works lovely but it can't save.

I also tried to use GBAExploder but the menu said 3in1 and I wasn't sure it was compatible with EZ Flash IV, I suffered the same problem anyway and games only booted into a black screen and corrupt EZ Flash IV.

So I then read that I need OSMenu, so I download that and try to load a GBA file from the Acekard SDHC and once again, black screen and then this time it booted into the EZFlash menu and said something about passme.sav??? What is that

Can anyone please help me as it's starting to do my head in now.

Thanks

2. kikuo

Newcomer kikuo Member

United States
    The Acekard 2i with AKAIO can play GBA games without the need for programs like GBAExploader,here is a post I think it may help you:http://gbatemp.net/t293643-beginner-s-guide-to-the-ez-flash-3in1

3. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    From what I know about the EZ4 (which isn't a lot), the EZ4 is a stand-alone product. The only EZ product that the AceKard is designed with in mind is the 3in1. Here's the EZ4 review link that will help you out (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=32250)

4. cloudskipa
    OP

Newcomer cloudskipa Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Cheers guy, well I've worked out I can play GBA games from my DS and load them off my SDHC card in AKAIO so long as I go into the EZ3in1 options from the main menu and change the GBA games to write to NOR memory every time and to create a save file on boot. It takes a long time to load them this way but I also get a pretty border for the trouble hehe. So I guess I'm happy with that!

Thanks again~!