Trying to get an R4-III and EZFlash 3-in-1 working

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Theloneous Monk, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Theloneous Monk

Newcomer Theloneous Monk Newbie

Jun 2, 2009
    United States
    Hi, this is my first experience with flashcarts, and it's driving me nuts. I'm helping a friend do this.

He has an R4-III (don't ask my why) and a 3-in-1 (the DealExtreme ones, ordered like a few months ago). We're trying to load mother 3 but after wiping the NOR and writing to it, it'll allow me to run (and latter even recognises there's a Mother 3 file on there) but doesn't boot it. It just brings up a window, flashes the GAMEBOY logo, and then freezes.

Does he have a bad 3-in-1 pack? I might be able to try another one that was shipped with but I really hope it's not that. It doesn't seem like it. [​IMG]

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I've heard that newer 3-in-1 "+" units have buggier NOR flash. Is this what's wrong? Should I contact DX and get a new unit?

EDIT2: tried it with ; says it copied, but it won't boot off the menu, and when I try running it from the program, it just freezes after flashing "GAMEBOY" in the rainbow striping thing. [​IMG]