Hacking Trying to get A9LH but Safehax black screen

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi. I have menuhax on my o3ds at the minute but I've seen a9lh is much more stable and boots much faster. I'm on 9.2.0-20e at the minute and I can't get safehax to load at all to get into decrypt9.

Any way of doing this or will I actually have to update first? I don't want to lose all my games and save files etc.

I don't even know which firmware it's best to be on but I'd like to get a9lh working for the faster boot time and no hang on boot.

Any help appreciated.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I launched safehax first by mistake and it gave an error but when I launch fasthax first it just hangs on a black screen again. Thanks for the fast reply by the way.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Thanks I'm such a noob to 3ds modding I didn't even notice what you meant by D9 (Decrypt9 duh me lol). I'm following everything and making a nand backup and everything I just don't wanna brick the ds by doing something stupid. I'm not new to computers just new to ds modding and I've seen people brick their 3ds including newer models by doing it wrong.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
its almost impossible to brick now, bricks are by user error like downloading the wrong files or having someone else otp file in your folder, Everything is mostly automatic now...
Thanks a lot for the help I'm restoring my nand now with a9lh being kept. I just wanted to be sure in case I bricked it. It takes a while to do like it's very time consuming but in the end it's easy if you just follow all the steps :)

Probably only takes like 5 minutes for someone experienced apart from the nand dumping. Thanks again if I have any problems I'll get back to you, I'm here to learn anyway :)

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ok sorry to bother you again. I got as far as where I'm supposed to update after the nand restore and it just loads the homebrew launcher. Looks like I'm supposed to end up in system and do an update or something. If I take out the sd card it won't boot at the minute the light just comes on for 2 seconds.

EDIT: Must be the way I have my card configured. Holding L got me into emunand and I've to figure out what I'm doing next.

Last edited by OldSchoolTech,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok sorry to bother you again. I got as far as where I'm supposed to update after the nand restore and it just loads the homebrew launcher. Looks like I'm supposed to end up in system and do an update or something. If I take out the sd card it won't boot at the minute the light just comes on for 2 seconds.

EDIT: Must be the way I have my card configured. Holding L got me into emunand and I've to figure out what I'm doing next.
Uninstall menuhax. Hold the button you use to cancel menuhax boot and change your theme.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Done that there thanks. I still can't get it to boot with no sd card (blue light just goes off) so maybe i'll have to do it again without menuhax installed now.

Title launcher is on my sysnand instead of health and safety if that has anything to do with it

I can boot with no sd card now. The latest a9lh wouldn't let me install with a firm1.bin error so I used 2.6.4 and it let me. It still said error payload stages couldn't be verified and I just continued anyway and it worked.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done that there thanks. I still can't get it to boot with no sd card (blue light just goes off) so maybe i'll have to do it again without menuhax installed now.

Title launcher is on my sysnand instead of health and safety if that has anything to do with it

I can boot with no sd card now. The latest a9lh wouldn't let me install with a firm1.bin error so I used 2.6.4 and it let me. It still said error payload stages couldn't be verified and I just continued anyway and it worked.
You cant boot witout the sd card intill you finish the guide(at the very end there is steps to enable it)

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You cant boot witout the sd card intill you finish the guide(at the very end there is steps to enable it)
Got everything working in the end anyway. Not uninstalling menuhax before I started was probably my biggest mistake. I done the same mod on another 3ds starting wih soundhax like the guide says and everything worked no problem.

One other problem

I have a backup of an sd card that broke but I'm trying to continue a digital version of pokemon sun. I have the save 00000001.sav When I load the game after putting it where it's supposed to go, it says save corrupt. I searched everywhere and all I have is a .sav file and no main one so I have no idea what to do and don't wanna have to start the whole game again.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got everything working in the end anyway. Not uninstalling menuhax before I started was probably my biggest mistake. I done the same mod on another 3ds starting wih soundhax like the guide says and everything worked no problem.

One other problem

I have a backup of an sd card that broke but I'm trying to continue a digital version of pokemon sun. I have the save 00000001.sav When I load the game after putting it where it's supposed to go, it says save corrupt. I searched everywhere and all I have is a .sav file and no main one so I have no idea what to do and don't wanna have to start the whole game again.
Not so sure how to help you there. I just use jksm on all my saves that I transfer from my old 3ds to my new one. I don't think you can uncorrupt a save though.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'll just do a bit of searching around. I think it's because it's encrypted but I don't know if there's a way to decrypt it.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Not so sure how to help you there. I just use jksm on all my saves that I transfer from my old 3ds to my new one. I don't think you can uncorrupt a save though.

I'm pretty sure it's not corrupted, the game just doesn't recognize it because it's encrypted. As far as decryption goes .. wish I knew. I googled about this quite extensively but could not really find anything. There was some stuff about using Savedatafiler so I guess you could try it though I find it unlikely to help. Prepare for the worst though - that all of those hours of gameplay are lost.

As far as Pokemon goes though, if you already had completed Sun then you don't really care about the story - Why not just download someone else's save and inject it to the game with JKSM? Of course it's not quite the same, but if you remember what kind of mons you had you could gen them back for yourself with PKHex.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'll try figure it out anyway thanks and yes I did follow that guide but had a couple of problems until i removed manuhax. My brothers ds went according to plan but his sd card was failing so it's his save that's missing. He has a new card now but can't get the save working again.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hi i have cfw installed and have for a bit but now i want to uninstall or get rid of it, is there someway to do that?

Why would you want to do that? You can uninstall A9LH by booting into Decrypt9 and restoring a NAND backup while NOT selecting (Keep A9LH) option. But really why would you want to get rid of it? If you want to sell your console then you can probably sell it to someone as pre-hacked for more money than you would normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool