Trying to get a modified ROM to run on my flashcard...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by tan-tan, Jun 12, 2013.

1. tan-tan
    OP

tan-tan GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    Canada
    I wasn't sure what place was appropriate for this, it might be better somewhere else.

I'm trying to use this Pokemon Game Randomizer to randomize a ROM of Pokemon HeartGold. I used the tool on a US clean rom and it worked, the ROM ran on my flashcart, however, there was anti-piracy active and it wasn't properly playable. A pre-patched ROM will run on my flashcard, but after I randomize it with the tool it will not boot. (Running it on no$gba gives me "the rom image has crashed" immediately after loading it) I'm using a M3 DS Real running the latest version of M3 Sakura.

2. Sora de Eclaune

Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    When was the latest version of M3 Sakura uploaded/released? If it was before HeartGold, you may want to check into getting a different firmware.

As far as I know, you can't put anti-piracy patches on top of hacks, and you can't put hacks on top of anti-piracy patches, so if you don't have the anti-piracy taken care of by the firmware then your only choice if you want the game hacked is to find a compatible firmware that does take care of the anti-piracy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice