Trying to fix Noob mistakes

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by vtfletch, Feb 16, 2011.

Feb 16, 2011
  1. vtfletch
    OP

Newcomer vtfletch Newbie

United States
    Hi everyone,
    I softmodded my wii a few years back and have run into a few problem and want to get some advise. To start here is the current system check for my wii
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Now I have decided to update/fix my softmod since my backup loading has stopped working. I'm not exactly sure what has changed to make it stop. I used to load from NeoGamma and it worked fine for a very long time. Now when I press A to load the list of games from my drive nothing happens, I just get the press A prompt back. When I try USBloaderGX, I can see all the games on the drive but when I go to load one it freezes immediately. The only change is I used to have a fat32 partition on the external drive along with the WBFS partition. After removing the fat32 partition it stopped working, even when I used the exact same method of setting the WBFS partition up. I have tried wbfs_win.exe, WBFS Manager 3.0 and Wii Backup Manager. Any recommendations or insight? I do know I should follow the tutorial on removing cioscorp and plan to do it after getting the advise from you guys.
    Thanks in advanced.

2. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I'm not sure what the issue is. I bet you have your drive formatted as WBFS.

I suggest you to use ModMii to bring your wii up to date and then change your drive over to a FAT32 partition.

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Follow Foez's advice and that should get you sorted out [​IMG]

FYI, if u use modmii to update your Wii, it will overwrite darkcorp/cioscorp, so u don't need to worry about trying to remove it afterwards.

Also, if IIRC correctly, a WBFS formatted partition needs to be marked as active and/or primary (via windows disk management or w/e), when u reformatted your wbfs hard drive that may have gotten messed up. But w/e, WBFS sucks in comparison to FAT32 anyways, and I recommend u back up all your games on your wbfs partition (or just re-rip them from your originals later), then reformat the whole hard drive as FAT32 following ModMii's instructions.

4. vtfletch
    OP

Newcomer vtfletch Newbie

United States
    Absolutely magnificent! I will give this a try thanks again!