Hacking Trying to fix my friends "dead" Wii

Zaweet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone! My friend gave me his fully bricked Wii with bootmii to try and fix but I haven't been able to get very far.

I used ohneschwanzenegger to make a new nand from the backup I made, downloaded 4.3U onto it, used "Bootmii-KEYFIX" and flashed the new nand onto the Wii. It's gotten the Wii nowhere though and bootmii didn't seem to flash it properly http://i.imgur.com/tyFoKjC.jpg

Did I miss something or am I just playing with a dead Wii? Any help at all would be appreciated.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone! My friend gave me his fully bricked Wii with bootmii to try and fix but I haven't been able to get very far.

I used ohneschwanzenegger to make a new nand from the backup I made, downloaded 4.3U onto it, used "Bootmii-KEYFIX" and flashed the new nand onto the Wii. It's gotten the Wii nowhere though and bootmii didn't seem to flash it properly http://i.imgur.com/tyFoKjC.jpg

Did I miss something or am I just playing with a dead Wii? Any help at all would be appreciated.
Use comex's nand formatter.

Zaweet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The formatter just freezes on it's first attempt to install anything (ios17). I'm trying it a second time but it seems like nothing again

EDIT: Yeah, nothing. I'm out of ideas

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The formatter just freezes on it's first attempt to install anything (ios17). I'm trying it a second time but it seems like nothing again

EDIT: Yeah, nothing. I'm out of ideas.
Comex's formatter only installs System Menu 4.1 E/U and IOS60... other wads cause an error

Zaweet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really?
The package I downloaded has 17,31,36,60, RVL-Eulav_US-v2, RVL-Rgnsel_US-v2 and the system menu. I'll try keeping just IOS60 and the system menu.

EDIT: Still hangs, it never gets passed reading out the file size. I've tried installing both IOS 60 and the system menu first.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you having bootmii@boot2 on that?

Have you tried to backup it's current nand contents? Maybe analysing that might give you more information?
Did your friend do anything specific that caused the brick? That information might help figuring out the issue.

Zaweet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My friend has given me some news that makes me want to do things i'd probably get banned for describing on here...

His answer for why the Wii bricked has gone from "It just kind of stopped working one day, no idea what happened" to
"I played with some Priiloaded settings and it stopped working and tried to restore it with ohneschwanzenegger "

0_o
So that leaves us with the original nand content long gone and boot2 bootmii skipping large chunks of blocks leaving them "unprocessed"
Can I smash his Wii over his head?
tyFoKjC.jpg

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds like a NAND failure, since bootmii restore operates on a raw (not filesystem) level, and it has been EXTENSIVELY tested. It's as like as it can't write to some nand blocks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.