ROM Hack Trying to find Pokemon GameSaves

MmmmSteak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a .xps gamesave of firered v1.1 that has all the pokemon hacked into the boxes, in order

gamefaqs actually has a half decent save, but i think it's for v1.0 because it didn't load

i'm using some old hardware here, an action replay v3, but i've got all the drivers and ish working

can anyone point me to an xps file archive, or any program that would let me edit pokemon into an xps file?

Kaleid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xps is just a regular save file with a custom header and/or footer. You can probably take a regular save file and add the header and/or footer from the xps file you found on Gamefaqs.com to it.

I made a program a while back that would take a Gameshark save and automatically strip the header from it, leaving me with just the save file. I'll look into adding xps support to it.

Edit: Seems .xps and .sps files have the same header format. Here is my program. Impossibly simply to use.
biggrin.gif

Download Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/h8GbnKj8/GBA_SRAM_Converter.html

MmmmSteak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried a manual edit using notepad to no avail (any edit results in "Not a game save" error). I open a save ripped from the game in notepad, then copy and paste the header text over the header of the GameFAQs save.

Got the program downloaded (and .NET Framework v4 to run it), however running it doesn't seem to help anything. It's not a .sav file I need, it's a .xps. Editing the header into the .sav file and renaming it .xps doesn't do anything either.

I'm using the AR GBX software, it can recognize the save but says that it's not a save for this game. It's odd because they're listed in the same column, both under POKEMON FIRE (the ripped save and the downloaded). I know my cart is v1.1, GameFAQs happens to be a horrible site and doesn't specify....

I'm working with the save by name Angel for the reason of all 386 pokes in order in the box. Any help?

D

Deleted-236924

XPStoSAV works for converting XPS save files to .sav
Otherwise, you can use Ciro's Pokémon Maker to convert your .xps to .sps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse