Trying to find Pokemon GameSaves

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by MmmmSteak, Dec 28, 2010.

Dec 28, 2010
  1. MmmmSteak
    OP

Newcomer MmmmSteak Member

United States
    I'm looking for a .xps gamesave of firered v1.1 that has all the pokemon hacked into the boxes, in order

gamefaqs actually has a half decent save, but i think it's for v1.0 because it didn't load

i'm using some old hardware here, an action replay v3, but i've got all the drivers and ish working

can anyone point me to an xps file archive, or any program that would let me edit pokemon into an xps file?

2. Kaleid

Newcomer Kaleid Advanced Member

United States
    xps is just a regular save file with a custom header and/or footer. You can probably take a regular save file and add the header and/or footer from the xps file you found on Gamefaqs.com to it.

I made a program a while back that would take a Gameshark save and automatically strip the header from it, leaving me with just the save file. I'll look into adding xps support to it.

Edit: Seems .xps and .sps files have the same header format. Here is my program. Impossibly simply to use. [​IMG]

Download Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/h8GbnKj8/GBA_SRAM_Converter.html

3. MmmmSteak
    OP

United States
    Thanks, I'll look into editing that, however i dont seem to be able to download that link in firefox or ie lol

4. MmmmSteak
    OP

United States
    Tried a manual edit using notepad to no avail (any edit results in "Not a game save" error). I open a save ripped from the game in notepad, then copy and paste the header text over the header of the GameFAQs save.

Got the program downloaded (and .NET Framework v4 to run it), however running it doesn't seem to help anything. It's not a .sav file I need, it's a .xps. Editing the header into the .sav file and renaming it .xps doesn't do anything either.

I'm using the AR GBX software, it can recognize the save but says that it's not a save for this game. It's odd because they're listed in the same column, both under POKEMON FIRE (the ripped save and the downloaded). I know my cart is v1.1, GameFAQs happens to be a horrible site and doesn't specify....

I'm working with the save by name Angel for the reason of all 386 pokes in order in the box. Any help?

5. MmmmSteak
    OP

United States
    Anyone have a lead....??

I just want all the pokemon in order in boxes it shouldnt be asking much these days idk

6. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    XPStoSAV works for converting XPS save files to .sav
    Otherwise, you can use Ciro's Pokémon Maker to convert your .xps to .sps