Hacking Trying to find out if its D2B or D2C...

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
http://nintendo-scene.com/wiitracker/search.php

Is this site accurate at all? I tried inputting my Wii serial, but it said please insert the full serial number... At the end of my serial code, there was a 1 in a little box, so I added it, and it said:

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2C.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.

What exactly does this mean? Would I be able to go with a solderless solution, like Wlip?

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know much about Wlip but from what you've gathered, your Wii is a D2C which means your modchip choices are limited to Infectus or D2CKey, both require more wires to install than other modchips.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man... that really sucks. You'd think that by now, they would have come up with some sort of D2C solution...

They have ,the D2CKEY and Infectus/Argon. D2CKEY is 32 wires and argon is only 13
smile.gif
. They are both perfectly fine solutions for the d2c wii and perform exactly the same functions as the wiikey etc for the older wiis. There is no improvements to be made other than attempting to lower the count (though 13 is not really high).

Wlip won't work , it's for DMS\D2A\D2B only , although it's apparently been coming out for months now
rofl2.gif

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is Infectus and Argon are only same region mod chips. I was just about to order one for a friend until I found that out. I think we might try the d2ckey and flexpcb route.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Man... that really sucks. You'd think that by now, they would have come up with some sort of D2C solution...

They have ,the D2CKEY and Infectus/Argon. D2CKEY is 32 wires and argon is only 13
smile.gif
. They are both perfectly fine solutions for the d2c wii and perform exactly the same functions as the wiikey etc for the older wiis. There is no improvements to be made other than attempting to lower the count (though 13 is not really high).

Wlip won't work , it's for DMS\D2A\D2B only , although it's apparently been coming out for months now
rofl2.gif

You serious? So those compatibility issues was just a load of BS? I'm about to get my Wii chipped with an Infectus, so I need to make sure first. If it's true I guess the topic starter can get the same chip.
smile.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

smile.gif

rofl2.gif

You serious? So those compatibility issues was just a load of BS? I'm about to get my Wii chipped with an Infectus, so I need to make sure first. If it's true I guess the topic starter can get the same chip.
smile.gif

Only going from what I've read , but people who have the argon say it's fine and doesn't suffer from the same problems as the infectus programmed with wii code. Not sure about the infectus with wii code though , dunno if they fixed it. I thought I read there was updated firmware for it , but can't remember where and can't seem to find, but Argon should be fine.

Remember though , all is just from what I've read (still deciding what to get myself) , so can't say 100% that argon is perfect.

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There has been confirmation, that the Wlip people are making a D2C Wlip. Unfortunately, that will be 3-4 months down the track, if you can wait that long.

If you can't, obviously you will have to go with a D2CKey, Argon or something different.

gamez2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is Infectus and Argon are only same region mod chips. I was just about to order one for a friend until I found that out. I think we might try the d2ckey and flexpcb route.

I think just spending the little extra for a infectus argon modchip then it would be alot easier to install I have read some stories about the flexpcb falling apart ect. the argon is only 13 wires and is alot easier to install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it